----------------------------------- lil_li Tue May 04, 2004 7:46 pm hi, a lil help in worm real time game ----------------------------------- ok, i'm making gunbound real time, its like worm real time, right now i have three problemes: 1) how do you do a loading screen?, like it acturall load, not just some fake bar that shows "loading ... loading... " 2) when you make everything real time, how do use fork?, do u just fork every movements there is?, please give me an example 3) and when i try to use whatdotcolour for couple things, the problem is that, every time i clear the screen (draw white box) it set my whatdotcolour value to 0 for about 0.2 s that screws up my program, how do i fix this problem? ----------------------------------- Tony Tue May 04, 2004 7:57 pm ----------------------------------- for loading, you just update progress after each file (mostly images) are loaded. Something like filesLoaded/totalFiles * 100 % you don't use forks. You just check each object to see if it's ready to perfom it's action. If so execute, if not, skip on to the next object. as for whatdotcolor - don't use it. Use math. It's better