----------------------------------- anywho_ya Tue May 04, 2004 2:34 pm Trying to make worm/gravity game ----------------------------------- Hey there i was trying to do a game for an isu in school, but so far its crap. Its supposed to look like this game http://www.addictinggames.com/worm.html but it doesnt work properly. I would add the code i have so far but i left it at school. It'd be great if you could help me out. Thanks ----------------------------------- Tony Tue May 04, 2004 2:54 pm ----------------------------------- View.Set("offscreenonly") var mx, my, b : int var x, y : int x := round(maxx/2) y:=maxy loop Mouse.Where (mx, my, b) if b = 1 then y += 5 else y -= 5 end if cls Draw.FillOval (x, y, 5, 5, red) View.Update if y < 0 then y := 0 end if if y > maxy then y := maxy end if end loop ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue May 04, 2004 2:56 pm ----------------------------------- making gravity is not difficult. you have an x and y position of your worm. you also have a vx and vy values for your worm. these values are the x and y velocities of the worm. to make gravity, just make the dy value decrease by a certain amount each time the loop executes. EXAMPLE CODE setscreen ("offscreenonly") var x, y : real var vx, vy : real x := 0 y := 100 vx := 1 vy := 3 loop x += vx y += vy vy -= 0.015 exit when y < -10 cls drawfilloval (round (x), round (y), 5, 5, black) View.Update delay (10) end loop ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue May 04, 2004 3:03 pm ----------------------------------- jeeze tony, add a delay :? anywho, to add gravity to tony's code... setscreen ("offscreenonly") var x, y : real var vx, vy : real x := 100 y := 100 vx := 0 vy := 3 var mx, my, mb : int const gravity := 0.02 loop Mouse.Where (mx, my, mb) x += vx y += vy vy -= gravity if mb = 1 then vy += 0.2 end if cls drawfilloval (round (x), round (y), 5, 5, black) View.Update delay (10) exit when y < -10 end loop ----------------------------------- anywho_ya Tue May 04, 2004 3:09 pm I get gravity ----------------------------------- Ya i pretty much get the gravity part of it, but the only thing i need is to like get the game to scroll past or sumthing like that ... and i aslo need bricks to move with the worm thanks with the help so far though ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue May 04, 2004 3:42 pm ----------------------------------- well you need to randomly generate a maze that the player tries to get through. Bunch of ways to do that im sure. Then, once you've done that, every time through the loop move each object in the maze to the left (or right, but its left in the worms game on addictinggames.com). then check for a collision. shouldn't be that difficult. ----------------------------------- netninja Wed May 19, 2004 9:57 pm ----------------------------------- hey, can somebody explain to me what it means when you do x += y what the heck is += ? By the way, nice gravity. ----------------------------------- jonos Wed May 19, 2004 10:32 pm ----------------------------------- It's just short for x = x+y ex: x += 1 is x = x+1 x -= 1 is x = x-1 and there you have it. I'm probably wrong though. ----------------------------------- netninja Tue May 25, 2004 11:30 pm ----------------------------------- sounds reasonable, thanks alot.