----------------------------------- krikor0322 Tue May 04, 2004 1:23 pm Well... ----------------------------------- Hey Im just having a little trouble with my code... i put it in the form load and when it loads its freezing... i tried putting it in a button and when i clicked the button it froze again... can someone tell me whats wrong ... or show me a more reliable and easy way to do what i was trying to do... Private Sub Form_Load() Dim View As Variant Dim counter As Integer View = Split(ReadFile("HighScore1.txt"), vbCrLf) For counter = LBound(View) To UBound(View) lstBox.AddItem View(counter) Next counter End Sub Public Function ReadFile(FullFilePath As String) As String Dim ReadBuffer As String * 1024 Dim FFSlot As Integer FFSlot = FreeFile Open FullFilePath For Binary As FFSlot While EOF(1) = False Get FFSlot, , ReadBuffer ReadFile = ReadFile & ReadBuffer Wend Close #1 End Function ----------------------------------- Brightguy Thu May 06, 2004 11:22 pm Re: Well... ----------------------------------- Works fine over here. Although instead of assuming the file number is 1, you should use the integer returned from FreeFile. So use EOF(FFSlot) and Close #FFSlot. If you opened another file before this with file number 1 then EOF(1) would never be False and you would be stuck in an infinite loop. ----------------------------------- krikor0322 Sun May 09, 2004 8:59 am Great ----------------------------------- Works man thanks alot.. 8)