----------------------------------- Amailer Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:26 pm Winamp ----------------------------------- is there any channel out there called 'non-stop jap anime'? :D i havne't seen any channels with anime on it only :S sad.. *also this topic was split from bonus anime w/e.. to winamp... and how it sucks.. or how it is the best :S!!!* ----------------------------------- Raugrist Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:23 pm ----------------------------------- That would be way cool. Maybe they have one on winamp... weren't you going to make one? ----------------------------------- Dan Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:29 pm ----------------------------------- i was going to but then i rembered that winamp sucks big time and chaged my mind :evil: ----------------------------------- Raugrist Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:49 pm ----------------------------------- I don't like winamp much either, but then I realized it's all I can use. I need a player that can be minimized to the tray without cluttering up the taskbar and the ability to change song, and volume and pause and stuff while keeping the program out of the way the whole time. I really like BSPlayer but they don't have hotkeys (or any plugins for hotkeys it seems) and the playlist support is crap. What do you use, Dan? ----------------------------------- Dan Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:39 pm ----------------------------------- aucaly i made my own in java, but it dose not play divx well. so i uses divx palyer, or WMD most of the time. i got a realy new comp and sound card so winamp dose not even run on my main mashine. ----------------------------------- Raugrist Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:42 am ----------------------------------- What's WMD? ----------------------------------- Brightguy Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:39 pm Re: Music Player ----------------------------------- If you're looking for a decent music player try XMPlay: http://www.un4seen.com/ ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:34 pm ----------------------------------- yea... **UR CRAZY!!! have u tried WINAMP radio??? there are thousands of COOL shoutcast streams.... !!!!!!! yea... global hotkeys ARE THE BEST! winamp AVS also ROCKS... plsu winamp can do VIDEOS... BURN and RIP CDS.... .. good playlist... what more do u want>??? WMP SUCKS~ win media playa.... cuz... its SLOW takes too much time to load.... and is ANOYING>>!!! plus no good radio :P when ur playing a game and winamp in the TASK bar.... being able to press CTRL+ALT + up and down buttons for volume is critical so u dont blow ur speakers....*** when u have it really loud... also... WINAMP is good for school.... u can install without admin password to install (also u can just copy the folder from ur home comp cuz it dont need registry) ... then u can have it not to show on taskbar or tray... cuz then... u can minimize winamp... plug in earphones... have it on random loop... then the teachers ask... what are u listening to or... what program is that...... i say... NOTHIng... cuz they cant see it :P (even when they CTRL+ALT+DEL it dont show... its only it processes :P) (they dont like streaming music cuz it slows network) i was listening to MP3's but... still... they dont like programs... so :P thats my rant for the day! ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:59 pm ----------------------------------- WMP SUCKS~ win media playa.... cuz... its SLOW takes too much time to load.... and is ANOYING>>!!! plus no good radio :P that may be so, but at least it can run on new tecongly as well as old tehcongly. i got a new (2 moths old) alineware comp and winamp dose not suporte the sound card. it is not a crapy cound card ehter. also on some of my older computers (win 98 ~500mhz) winamp whould not even install. so no matter how good it may be, it is worthless if it can not run. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:43 pm ----------------------------------- My Windows Media Player won't even play X-MEN or Cowboy Bebop so I have to use VLC. Windows Media Player sucks!!!!!! Or at least it does on my computer. ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:31 am ----------------------------------- you probly do not have the right codecs instaled. what format are the videos in? ----------------------------------- the_short1 Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:14 pm ----------------------------------- hmmm.... pent1.... 120 MHz..... winamp 2 isntalled PERFECTLY.... winamp5... INSTALLED perfectly.. with AVS.. and much more...((sounded good)) WIN 98.. i have a Anolog Devices 18/65xxx something like that soundcard.. have u heard of them.... (ITS OLD)! so it was prob just UR system.. winamp works great.... as in new tech... hmm.... its alien ware... that shits too rare for winamp to care :P rhymed.... windows Media player has money comming outa their A$$'s... so yea.. :P they can do that stuff... as for newer comp... ive had winamp 2 and 5 on winnt, 2.3 GHZ systems at school... ACER... and they have good soundcards... ((also on their multimedia systems***sound mixing etc... and it worked... :P..... dont fight me on this... i am a total Winamp FAN! :twisted: :twisted: or fanatic.. ;) ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:08 pm ----------------------------------- and i am totaly anti-winamp. i could hostly make a better mp3/vid player then winamp in java and have basicly done it for uses with my FP in compsci class this year. and i dont think alineware is that rare, may be the technogly is new but it is not that diffrent from any other computer system with new hardware. but it also dose not run on my other computers is avg hardware, may be i am just very unlucky. (but still when u are out done by M$ there is somtng wrong) ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:12 pm ----------------------------------- I have everything except winamp, the last time I saw winamp was 4 years ago, when it seemed a simple music playing program :lol: ----------------------------------- Amailer Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:55 pm ----------------------------------- From now on im anti-winamp also...that..............'thing' was pure evil today... just started going nuts, controling my volume and keeped turning the mic on/off IDK WHAT THE HELL HAPPNED ----------------------------------- the_short1 Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:29 pm ----------------------------------- did u install any aftermarket extensions to winamp?? **the one with the problems... otherwise.... ur settings are off prob.. in control panel for windows.. go to multimedia... then select only use prefered devices for mic and sound card... then no matter what... it will always use ur sound card .. dont happen to me... but i could understand that the problem... second... winamp is wicked for global hotkeys... i can get enough of them,.... so :P also the Equilizer is wicked... yea... 4 years ago... winamp REALLY sucked.. ***hehehe./.. oldversion.com ? what OS is on ur alienware labtop .... what kind of server comp is this ??? IBM...ACER... etc.. ..... maybe the reason why ur partions scrwed up is because they were done wrong or got messed up.. then when winamp used the HD it all came undone .. (((maybe the partion seemed ok and working... but was really about to fail....))) i dont know.. .... dan have u every really USED winamp 5 b4??? like used it for a month or two...??? or have all the comps uve been on been bad luck ? second.. what winamp server program are u using??? maybe thats whats been messing it up... some plugins for winamp muck them up cuz they were designed for a different version of winamp... **notice most plugins were made by simple programmers like us... **they use this plugin builder software dealy thing off winamp . com if so... try a different server program... or ... try winamp without it altogether.. ----------------------------------- Dan Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:38 pm ----------------------------------- the plugin was good and for the right winamp, also i have tryed it with out it as well. there was nothing wrong with any of the comps, it is jsut that winamp is not portibale at all. only seems to run on the most avg comps and even then it still crashs like nuts. ----------------------------------- Paul Sat May 01, 2004 7:25 am ----------------------------------- Well, I WAS thinking of getting it, but now I'm going to decide not to. Wouldn't want crazy programs to send my computer into a downward sprial of deterioation.... again. ----------------------------------- Amailer Sat May 01, 2004 9:04 am ----------------------------------- you can get it.. it won't happne to you... ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat May 01, 2004 10:18 am ----------------------------------- true amailer.. :) what OS were the two comps alien and server ?? ----------------------------------- Dan Sat May 01, 2004 5:45 pm ----------------------------------- i tryed it on 4 comps: aline: xp server 1: 98 server 2: xp server 3: 95 all have falied if diffrent hurable ways. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun May 02, 2004 5:53 pm ----------------------------------- ur one unlucky sonava BIATCH then... i though u mite be running linux or some odd sh1t.. ok.... thats its.... DAN I DOOMED TO A LIFE OF UNLUCKYNESS.... due to his unability to install and use winamp 5... ****WAIT!!!! .... try using the Classic skin instead of the Modern one cuz that one is WAY more stable ***they said that on winamp.com *** i use it cuz my comp lags like a whore when is on modern **DAM SLOW COMP!!! :( also... try winamp 2.95 its much more stable... ^^^ and fasta... i have both.. winamp 2 for if i playing music while in SC or w/e .... winamp 5 so i can have global hotkeys and nice visuals... ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun May 02, 2004 6:40 pm ----------------------------------- Dude, winamp 2 and 5 use the same plugins. You could be running winamp 2 with some shortcutter plugin and still have resources left to do something else (that's how useless winamp5 is). ----------------------------------- Amailer Sun May 02, 2004 7:15 pm ----------------------------------- Winamp 5 has only the ability to see the video stations and radio, also the modern skin plugin. hmm that's it i guess :D ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun May 02, 2004 7:32 pm ----------------------------------- unless u hack ur winamp 2 version ***i downloaded a winamp 2 version that had all the abilities of winamp ...but...... winamp 2 cant BUrn or RIP cds.... winamp 5 CAN!.... also the modern skinm and winamp TV.. winamp 2 can do internet radio..!! ----------------------------------- Amailer Sun May 02, 2004 7:36 pm ----------------------------------- but, his not really unlucky.. because if you [url=http://forums.winamp.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1788638&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending]read this you'll see that others have such problems also.. :? Also im splitting this topic to 'winamp' ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon May 03, 2004 3:41 pm ----------------------------------- wel... true dat.... is there a flawless program that works on EVERYones comps ?.... ok... unlucky people :P