----------------------------------- Tony Sun May 02, 2004 1:20 pm [source] Alert Window ----------------------------------- I don't think that GUI.Alert works :? atleast I don't remember it working... ever :think: ether way, here's how to write your own alert window to display a message to the user. File Attached ----------------------------------- Paul Sun May 02, 2004 3:34 pm ----------------------------------- do u really need this line? Window.SetActive (oldwinID) %go back to previous window Oh btw, Im going to use this for a board game if its ok with u. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun May 02, 2004 5:25 pm ----------------------------------- just don't forget to cite the code (just mention compsci.ca or something) and you don't really need that line... but just in case multiple windows are already running :? ----------------------------------- Paul Sun May 02, 2004 5:31 pm ----------------------------------- I didn't put compsci lol, cause my teacher is paranoid of compsci, like as if we're copying everything off compsci. Thats why I used my name for username see? Anyway, I cited u personally. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun May 02, 2004 5:34 pm ----------------------------------- lol, if your teacher is paranoid of compsci, he should browse [Turing Source Code] section then :roll: I mean when writing the essay in english, you're not expected to come up with eveyrthing yourself. In fact - you often have to cite multiple sources for the paper to look desent. And I feel that when working on a CS project, you should be allowed to research components of it as well (provided you cite code taken) ----------------------------------- Delta Mon May 03, 2004 9:46 am ----------------------------------- I really disagree with you tony you should make all the code yourself .... instead of taking others coding... but whatever... suit yourselves. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Tue May 04, 2004 6:15 pm ----------------------------------- u can just do this.. var alert : int := Window.Oen ("graphics: 300;300") put "fatal error" put "press any kley to contiunue.. loop exit when hasch end loop Window.Close (alert) Window.Select ("defWinID") but ur way is cool cuz it uses a function... so..... we should sign a petition to make holtsoft fix certain things or were going to kill their server... :) and put in out own source codes and .tu s to fill in the gaps... then delete all stuff from tom west ;) :lol: ;) ----------------------------------- Dan Thu May 06, 2004 4:30 pm ----------------------------------- I really disagree with you tony you should make all the code yourself .... instead of taking others coding... but whatever... suit yourselves. That is one of the dumest things i have ever hured. think about if poleop in the real world flowed that rule. in real progaming u allways use APIs and libarays made by other poleop, it just makes no sence to remake everything every time u make a simple app. If u realy falowed your rules to the fullests you whould have to progame everything in binnary code and make your own computer out of the rock you mineded out of your back yard. In the real world no game or software comapny is going to remake everything for there new game or w/e. they whould uses like openGl or dircet x to make there 3d stuff witch are libs made by other poleop and they whould probly uses APIs and libs from other poleop, comapnys and from the poleop that made the lang they are using. ----------------------------------- Tony Thu May 06, 2004 4:42 pm ----------------------------------- and you thought I was crazy arguing with Delta all the time :lol: ----------------------------------- the_short1 Thu May 06, 2004 7:05 pm ----------------------------------- good speech there dan.. tony ??? since when u always arguing with delta... my opinion... as long as everything is well documented in credits... **visible credits... then its all good.... but... this is source code so we shouldn't all be spamming in here ;) ----------------------------------- beard0 Tue May 25, 2004 10:05 am ----------------------------------- I liked the idea, so I meesed around with your code a bit to make it look nicer (it's done in GUI style). Here's my version: ----------------------------------- the_short1 Tue May 25, 2004 5:59 pm ----------------------------------- very nice.... lookz better the n the original... :clap: ----------------------------------- Paul Tue May 25, 2004 6:16 pm ----------------------------------- eew... I don't like GUI, my own buttons looks much better to me... they're colorful :P ----------------------------------- Tony Wed May 26, 2004 8:40 am ----------------------------------- nice :) 'cept that if GUI module is used elsewhere in the program - using the quit button inside the procedure will result is the global shutdown of the GUI. there're two solutions. Ether loop if GUI.ProcessEvent then end if if %button_has_been_pressed (a flag variable could be used) then exit end if end loop or reset the ProcessEvent function [url=http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=2600]using this ----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed May 26, 2004 3:01 pm ----------------------------------- yes TONY!!!! u use the if GUI.ProcesssEvent then end if isntead of the looping way.!!! its so much better... your the first person besides myself that ive saw acually do it that way... cool stuff :) stupid ppl that made turing ... the looping way put back me learning GUI for weeks... cuz it would freeze program until it acually came up with that... yes i agree with u paul.... making ur OWN GUI buttons using multiple pictures / colors etc so it apears animated is much better.!!! ok.... THANKS!!! u just gave me an idea.... ill make a turoial on how to make ur own animated GUI buttons!!!