----------------------------------- Paul Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:08 pm Useless courses in Ontario ----------------------------------- Does anyone else find Civics and Career Studies really useless? if your not convinced: Right now in Career Studies we have to do a "u box", a box filled with stuff about urself, and u have to talk about it... Now does that sound like a highschool assignment to YOU? geez... I don't want to be the guinea pig of this new system anymore :x down with useless courses. ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:19 pm ----------------------------------- well techaly you are not a guinea pig, b/c 2 other years of poleop have gone throw it b4 you. But you are right about this corse(s), it is pointless and just memoring things out of a text book. Alougth most school offere an "ecnriched" verson of the corse witch is alot more intresting and touchs on more subjects then just crears and goverment. Tho the problem is some school requier you to have sorcred high on the enricment test they give to take an enrichted corse or at least have strong recomadtions from a teacher. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:24 pm ----------------------------------- What enrichment test?? Oh wait, Im still 3 IQ points away from the minimum requirement for the high IQ society ppls. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:38 pm ----------------------------------- civics aint bad... career studies is lame though ----------------------------------- Cervantes Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:45 pm ----------------------------------- civics is actually pretty interesting. careers is bogus. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:50 pm ----------------------------------- Civics was great, all the stuff about government and being able to yell at my teacher because of some stupid things concerning politics and it being justified was awesome. Careers sucks though. All in all though, I think the Harris government made a good decision with Civics, but a not so good one with Careers (I think they started it). Civics should take a whole semester in the place of Careers. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:55 pm ----------------------------------- God no, although civics was interesting, the work was boring. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:57 pm ----------------------------------- I found the work fun, but I'm into Social Sciences and History so that just may be what I'm conditioned for - unlike you who, as far as I know, enjoy Math and crappy shit like that. All the work was easy too, so that is also good. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:02 pm ----------------------------------- Actually I like writing history essays 100 times more than I like writing english essays. But thats not the point, we read out of the text books and answered questions. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:25 pm ----------------------------------- Haha, we didn't use the text book once, but you go to a special school so they don't treat you guys like mentally challenged 4 and a half year olds. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:33 pm ----------------------------------- unlike you who, as far as I know, enjoy Math and crappy shit like that. urge to subtract exoritant amounts of bits... riiiiiiisssing.... :lol: math rocks your socks. don't forget it. :lol: ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:41 pm ----------------------------------- math rocks your socks. don't forget it. :lol: HAHAHAHA :lol: Cervantes, u rock my socks. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:58 pm ----------------------------------- oooooooooooooooooooooohh yeah! :lol: ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:40 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, well I masturbate into socks while defacing my math text book. ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:06 pm ----------------------------------- Anyone ever done the beep test in gym? I found it stupid... ----------------------------------- jonos Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:19 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah I did that. It sucked. ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:22 pm ----------------------------------- What level? I made it to 11, highest was 16. 11 minutes isn't long, but we had to run faster and faster... ----------------------------------- Maverick Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:31 pm ----------------------------------- YOu didnt get to 11 dont lie. Some of the best ppl only got to like 10.5 - 11 ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:40 pm ----------------------------------- lol 3 ppl in my class made 15 ----------------------------------- Maverick Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:46 pm ----------------------------------- ... you must be doin a different beep test cause thats insane ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:50 pm ----------------------------------- half minute per half level, the beeps get faster. ----------------------------------- Catalyst Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:01 pm ----------------------------------- i managed 8.5 ive seen people finish it (i.e. get to 20) ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:03 pm ----------------------------------- I thought there were no finish and it went on forever, until the beep got to a frequency beyond human hearing. ----------------------------------- jonos Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:16 pm ----------------------------------- It goes beyond 20. A phys. ed. teacher got beyond that twice in a row. ----------------------------------- Maverick Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:58 pm ----------------------------------- no, it goes up to 20. i got 10 ----------------------------------- zylum Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:11 pm ----------------------------------- ok, 16 is just impossible, i think there are 2 kinds of beep test cuz my friend is on a soccer team and he has to do them all the time... the one at my school is the "hard" one where all the really good ppl get 11/12... the record of the school is by my soccer friend and he got 13.5 i think... and it lasts for mor than a minute per level.. ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:31 am ----------------------------------- Yes, there must be different ones because some people in my class got to 15 and a teacher got over 20 twice in a row, so either your school sucks or the beeptests are different (and they are probably different). I only got to 9.5. ----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:42 pm ----------------------------------- Probably different, cause the best ppl got up to like 10.5 in my class and they're some really good ppl with good endurance ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:55 pm ----------------------------------- I got to level 12. how do you say "half minute per half leve". That doesn't make sense.. :? are you talking about the first level it lasts 30 seconds? I don't know how long each of ours lasted, but we had to run across the big gym 4 times (there, back, there, back) for every half level. So for level 12, thats 4 * (12*2) = 96 times across the gym. wow. when i was typing i got a rekcaH naD type thing going on. I would type and the cursor would stay in the exact same spot. in other words, the letters that i type would be placed to the right of the cursor. :? ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:58 pm ----------------------------------- new record todaym 17. its half level per half min. the beeps get more frequent = more beeps in half min. maybe its ur imagination, cause the level time doesn't change, the beeps get more frequent though. so u have to run more each level. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:09 pm ----------------------------------- okay then they are definately different. yours = 30 seconds every half level, and the number of beeps go up every half level mine = 4 beeps every half level, delay between beeps decreases with every half level. and im certain yours is easier because the highest ive even heard rumours of with our beep test is 15. ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:11 pm ----------------------------------- or maybe ur school isn't athletic :P ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:18 pm ----------------------------------- thats definately not it. :eh: And that 15 came from a guy (probably 2 years older than me) from a really high level soccer team. If its true. ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:23 pm ----------------------------------- Maybe he wasn't trying. ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:48 pm ----------------------------------- Muahahaha, mini report card updates, gotta love them. They don't show numbers, only letters :P Math: A+ Compsci: A History: A+ English: A German: A+ French: A+ Gym: A Careers: A+ lol 8 courses, we're non semestered. Our school is supposably the hardest one in the region (yes harder than Dan's). One student once jokingly asked our teacher (history), if we could do collage for our summative. the teacher: "No, we're not Bluevale" :lol: :lol: Thats another school around :lol: 5 A+'s and 3 A's :lol: :lol: Gotta love 'em ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:29 pm ----------------------------------- only an A in compsci? for shame... lets see, we are semestered and heres what ive got: Last semester (final marks) Science - 91 English - 88 Music - 93 Phys Ed. - 95 This semester (midterms) Civics - 94 Careers - Just started :? Math - 97 History - 93 Biology (GR 11) - 87 anywho, off topci but w/e, its spam 8) ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:31 pm ----------------------------------- Last term in math 101, this term in math, 99. The teacher: I expected better from you paul. :shock: ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:11 pm ----------------------------------- We don't have extra curricular shit so: Math: 90% (have I told you I hate Math?) History: 95% Civics: 95% Science: 94% Metal Shop: 92% Programming: 84% (My teacher hates me :shifty:, see below at English) Comp Eng: 95% English: 82% (My teacher hates me :shifty:, I am an external Locus of control) ----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:31 pm ----------------------------------- Math - 75% English - 75% Science - 92% Gym - 89% Computer Engineering - 90% Computer Science - 76% Civics - 83% Careers - 73% History - 80% jonos you are officially a fool if you think 90 is a bad math mark ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:43 pm ----------------------------------- No, I didn't say that. I was saying that even though I don't like math, I was still getting pretty good. You know... bragging. ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- wow u poleop, when will you lrean that other then geting in to uni grades are meaningless. ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:14 pm ----------------------------------- It still makes us feel good. I may not even go to University, I want to join the army. ----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:00 pm ----------------------------------- ??? You better be joining the army to be an engineer of sumthing otherwise your wasting your life running around shooting guns and "protecting" the country