----------------------------------- Blindmelon_53 Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:41 am [Tutorial] Printing In Turing Using a Network or USB Printer ----------------------------------- This is what I used to print on my school network (The code is done by Hacker Dan but I discovered which location to print to). All I had to do to get the location of the printer using the File->Print command and it says there the network location of the printer (for me anyways). I just subbed that information into where you would normally put "LPT1" and voila. %%Network%% var dataout :int %the var can have any name you want open: dataout,"//school/room-printer", put % //school/room-printer put:dataout, "TEXT TO PRINT" %string to print close: dataout %close the connection to the printer As for USB you have to right click on your printer and give it sharing rights. You then type //computerName/printerName where you would normally put "LPT1". As far as USB printing I have not had too much luck. My printer will turn on but will not print, I dont know if its just me or for every one so let me know. %%USB%% var dataout :int %the var can have any name you want open:dataout,"//computerName/printerName",put put:dataout, "TEXT TO PRINT" %string to print close: dataout %close the connection to the printer ----------------------------------- Flashkicks Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:45 am ----------------------------------- Hey- thats great man!! IT works! :D ----------------------------------- Raugrist Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:17 am ----------------------------------- Shouldn't this be in tutorials? ----------------------------------- Blindmelon_53 Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:17 pm ----------------------------------- Well either way if I was looking for HELP with printing in turing I would probably have looked in the HELP section, but suit your self. BTW thanks flashkicks, did u use this for the USB or network? ----------------------------------- Flashkicks Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:16 pm ----------------------------------- Yaeh man- i only tried it for the netwerk. I shall give it a go on the USB tomorrow??..aiighty?... and then ill let you know who that goes.. Toodles ~Flashkicks ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:08 am ----------------------------------- well i tryed to uses this over my wifi network to send a measged to a usb printer on a nother computer and it did not work.... but the printer and network have tecnolgy that are kind of new so turing may need to chech up. ----------------------------------- beard0 Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:25 pm ----------------------------------- This code allows you to print to any printer installed (user's choice). It pops up the normal dialogue with # of copies, print range, etc. var dataout :int %the var can have any name you want open: dataout, "printer", put %yes, litterally the string "printer" put:dataout, "STRING TO SEND TO PRINTER" %string to print close: dataout %close the connection to the printer ----------------------------------- jamonathin Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:43 pm ----------------------------------- It is bad enough that you brought up 2 old topics Beard0, but to say the exact same thing, three times? Two in tutorials, and one in help . . :? ----------------------------------- beard0 Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:59 pm ----------------------------------- hey, could you repost that code sniplet about printing using Windows? it was an excellent addition to the tutorial, though unfortunatly that was lost in a site rollback. Thx Someone is likely to look only at one printing tutorial, not both. I didn't ask the question in help, someone else did. I'm not doing this to be an jerk, but to help other people. ----------------------------------- jamonathin Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:46 am ----------------------------------- I guess I didn't understand the circumstances, my bad :P. I juss figured that you discovered something, and tried to put it in where ever you could. :tomato: