----------------------------------- magicman Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:15 pm Help me with my rpg prg. stats don't show up for thief. ----------------------------------- hey. I need help with some things with my prg. When I try to select Thief as a rank it starts the game with out showing the thiefs stats. please help!!! var rank : string var abilities : string var name : string var strength : int := 1 var health : int := 100 var Def : int := 1 var agility : int := 1 var coins : int := 10 var direction : string var answer : string put "WELCOME TO FINAL FANTASY- THE FINAL BATTLE!!!" delay (2500) cls put "Whats your name?" get name put "What rank do you want?" put "Soldier" put "Wizard" put "Thief " get rank %The Soldiers Abilities. if rank = "soldier" then put "Your abilities are," put "" put "Rage." put "Super Attack." put "Heal." put "" put "Your strength is, ", strength + 3 put "Your defence is, ", Def + 2 put "Your agility is, ", agility + 1 put "Your Health is, ", health elsif %The Wizards Abilities. rank = "wizard" then put "Your abilities are," put "" put "Fire." put "Lighting." put "Ice." put "Heal." put "" put "Your strength is, ", strength + 1 put "Your defence is, ", Def + 1 put "Your agility is, ", agility + 2 put "Your Health is, ", health elsif %The Thief's Abilities. rank = "Thief " then put "Your abilities are," put "" put "Steal Wepon." put "Assassination." put "" put "Your strength is, ", strength put "Your defence is, ", Def put "Your agility is, ", agility + 4 put "Your Health is, ", health end if put "Hit any key to start the game..." var ch : string (1) getch (ch) put "You are now entering the final battle. Have fun!" delay (4000) cls put skip put "*************************************************" put "*************************************************" put "*************************************************" put skip put "*************************************************" put "*************************************************" put "*************************************************" put skip put "Wake up stranger." put "Hey, what's your name??" put "My name is ", name, "." put skip delay (1000) put "Your health is," ,health put "Well lets get started with your journey." put "Do you want to go North, East, South or West??" get direction if direction ="east" then put"You see a bar in the distance. Do you want to go there??" get answer end if if answer ="yes" then put"You go into the bar and you see an elf. The elf asks you, ''Do you want a drink yong adventurer?''" get answer end if if answer="yes" then put"That will be 5 coins, thank you. You now have,",coins-5," coins left." end if thanks for the help. :D ----------------------------------- Cervantes Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:12 pm ----------------------------------- look closely at the elsif statement that brings us into the thiefs stats: elsif rank = "Thief " then looking closer "Thief " looking EVEN CLOSER!! " that was supposed to be a space followed by a quote. just get rid of that space, and it works fine. ----------------------------------- recneps Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:19 pm ----------------------------------- and maybe you should make it "thief" or "Thief" or "THIEF" so its easier for people to type. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- or learn to use index by reading [url=http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4055]Asian's Tutorial.