----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:51 pm Anyone here entering into the OBEA contest??? ----------------------------------- hey... i just wanted to know if anyone here is going to be entering into the OBEA (Ontario Bussiness Educators' Association) contest for Computer Programming????? hey you never know.... we might acually go against each other :evil: :twisted: Note: I will be submitting a more polished version of pac man..... http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4023&highlight= ^^ please make any suggestions!!! they are really apreciated, and i need all i can get so i can make my pac man (polished) and better b4 submitting... NOTE: post all suggestions in my FP thread... not here.... ----------------------------------- Raugrist Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:45 pm ----------------------------------- Where can we get more information about this contest? Is it a programming contest like the CCC or do you actually just submit stuff? ----------------------------------- Catalyst Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:27 pm ----------------------------------- i might be entering for programming and maybe web design ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:07 pm ----------------------------------- cool catalyst.. i dont know about CCC, but.... this one i was told i have to submit my form, and my program code..,... ask your Compsci Teacher For more info... mine just aproached me and said ENTER CONTEST!.... web design eh..... yea... ur sites pretty good.... speaking of which i should make a new one.... and make it really kickass.... ----------------------------------- zylum Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:02 pm ----------------------------------- can you post a link with some info? ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:15 pm ----------------------------------- want me to scan up the information booklet i received... it also has the entry form.... (u gota give this form to a compsci teacher...) PS: its 6 pages... ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:21 am ----------------------------------- here is the pakage i got from my teacher.... all 6 pages scanned up.. http://www.compsci.ca/v2/download.php?id=1439 ----------------------------------- Catalyst Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:30 am ----------------------------------- someone of the guidelines make me not want to enter :evil: b) detailed description of ALL variables, file format,record structure,and calculations e)structured diagram,pseudo-code, flowchart and/or decisiion table h)a User's Manual ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:39 am ----------------------------------- no kidding.... lucky me... i think i mite convert a lot of nonsense in pacman into arrays.... to save on printing... other wise i have to print off 62 pages... ----------------------------------- zylum Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:29 pm ----------------------------------- sounds time consuming :S meh, i may still enter... ----------------------------------- zylum Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:01 pm ----------------------------------- man, i just read through the manual :? there's so much non-programming work to do... infact so much that i probably wont do it.. there's internal and external documentation, a users guide, a detailed description of all variables, an abstract.... omg too much work... btw short1, your pacman game doesnt fall under any of the specified categories -_- ----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:42 pm ----------------------------------- yea... Programming....!!!!!!!!!!! lots of work.... but i already did most of documentation... algorythym WONT be fun.... also all vars... not fun.. ----------------------------------- Amailer Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:17 pm ----------------------------------- do you have to b in highschool to upload in such stuff? ----------------------------------- zylum Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:01 pm ----------------------------------- short1 >> your game is a program but that doesnt mean it's in one of the categories they mention: sciences mathematics art/graphics simulation games (close but your game doesnt simulate anything :? ) operating system utilities business applications so i think you need to start working on something new :roll: -zylum ----------------------------------- the_short1 Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:13 pm ----------------------------------- well... i kinda though about that... and its going intp simulation games.... :P well.... its simulating the movement of pacman!! :);) i NOT making something else... or i get pnwd..... yes... i think u must be in highschool.... maybe try emailing one of the ppl on the ref3erence page.... (in the zipfile i upload)