----------------------------------- Dragoooon Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:56 pm What is the index command? ----------------------------------- What does the index command do? ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:45 pm ----------------------------------- it is used to see if a string in contrained withing another string and if so, returns the position where it starts. put index("compsci", "sci") outputs 5 since "sci" starts on 5th character of "compsci" it also works the other way: if index("1234567890", "1") not=0 then put "its a digit" else put "its not a digit" end if ----------------------------------- Dragoooon Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:55 pm thx ----------------------------------- thank you :) ----------------------------------- al.ba Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 pm RE:What is the index command? ----------------------------------- Hi, I'm finding difficulties with a turing programming exercises on string manipulation it asks me to gather a word from the user and display it with every vowel exchanged with 9 ----------------------------------- kohul Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:55 pm Re: RE:What is the index command? ----------------------------------- Hi, I'm finding difficulties with a turing programming exercises on string manipulation it asks me to gather a word from the user and display it with every vowel exchanged with 9 Mod edit: deleted answer. OP came here to learn, not to cheat. that should be it.