----------------------------------- ssikmace Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:53 pm Newbie need help ----------------------------------- Hello, im trying to define an array using words read from a file but i don't really know how, this is my best guess so far. Thx var search : string var streamin : int var word : string var itemcount : int open : streamin, "Drawer.txt", get assert streamin > 0 itemcount := 0 loop get : streamin, skip exit when eof (streamin) get : streamin, word itemcount := itemcount + 1 end loop put itemcount var items : array 1..itemcount of string for i:1..itemcount get streamin, items (i) end for for i:1..itemcount put items(i) end for ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:56 pm ----------------------------------- eh... well you're missing the colon in your 2nd get. and you should close and reopen the file to start reading from the beginning again after you finished counting. I'd tell you to just use a flexable array and have a single loop instead, but that might be a bit too advanced... :think: ----------------------------------- ssikmace Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- lol thx its always something simple.