----------------------------------- Maverick Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:28 pm RPG Cliches ----------------------------------- http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html This is hilarious but almost all of them are true. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:04 pm ----------------------------------- dear god that is a long list :? ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:45 pm ----------------------------------- man, why didnt I have this site before I suggested those ideas to naoki for his LKFOTD. I was spending forever trying to find good cliches for those stories. if you see similarities between LFKOTD and things listed on there, we did not copy it, all the stories were original. though I still wished I came across that list earlier.... ----------------------------------- Martin Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:16 am ----------------------------------- I say we team up and make the most cliche rpg there can possibly be. Who's in? ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:16 pm ----------------------------------- ROFL, this is gr8 and so ture. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:44 pm ----------------------------------- Include time travelling, like in Tales of Phantasia and Crono Trigger. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:49 pm ----------------------------------- George W. Bush Geography Simplification Initiative Every country in the world will have exactly one town in it, except for the country you start out in, which will have three. And wow, this makes many references to crono trigger. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:54 pm ----------------------------------- If You Meet The Buddha In A Random Encounter, Kill Him! When you're out wandering around the world, you must kill everything you meet. People, animals, plants, insects, fire hydrants, small cottages, anything and everything is just plain out to get you. It may be because of your rampant kleptomania (see Garrett's Principle.) notice FIRE HYDRANTS hehe, earthbound ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:13 pm ----------------------------------- lol a lot of em reminded me of chrono cross. ie. oversleeping and needing to meet your g/f ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:19 pm ----------------------------------- I say we team up and make the most cliche rpg there can possibly be. Who's in? IM IN!!!!!!!!!! ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:05 pm ----------------------------------- I think that's being done as stories in naoki's latest installment of LKFOTD.... but if you want to make a game, I wouldn't object.