----------------------------------- sport Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:34 pm Launch A Program ----------------------------------- I'm trying to learn VB on my own, and I was just wondering if someone could tell how could I run an application from VB. For example make an exe program lunch, not read the file, run the file. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:16 pm ----------------------------------- Shell(filepath:string) I used to write programs to send messages over the school's network like Shell("net send " & sendTo & " " & message) where sendTo and message are string variables ----------------------------------- sport Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:41 pm ----------------------------------- Thanks for the help. ----------------------------------- Acid Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:39 pm ----------------------------------- I used to write programs to send messages over the school's network Man, I wish I knew enough to be able to do that ----------------------------------- SuperGenius Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:01 pm ----------------------------------- do you mean like the messages that you get when you use up too much space that say "From admin to smithbob on server xyz, you're using up too much space" ----------------------------------- Andy Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:22 pm ----------------------------------- have u ppl never used netsend?? man u're missing out ----------------------------------- BioHazardousWaste Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:52 pm ----------------------------------- lol, our network admin was actually smart enough to disable netsend.... thats about it besides regedit. Anyways, does anybody know how to run a program that a file is associated with? For example if I want to open C:\test.txt, visual basic should open the associated program (notepad) and then have it open the file (test.txt) in that program(notepad). I tried shell, and it gave me an error, i'm assuming it's because the file was not an .exe