----------------------------------- Hugetanks Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 pm Desktop ----------------------------------- Anybody know anything about a file called desktop.ini? ----------------------------------- Hugetanks Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:38 pm Re: Desktop ----------------------------------- When I check my downloads, I can't see this file, but opening downloads on Winrar, I find this file, and I delete it. I'm not sure what the point is, and somehow it always keeps on appearing. ----------------------------------- Srlancelot39 Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 am Re: Desktop ----------------------------------- It's a Windows file that defines how the folder is displayed. If you make changes to how a particular folder should be displayed, chose settings are stored in Desktop.ini and read by Windows when it opens the folder. Deleting it is harmless, but the folder may not display as expected. Thumbs.db has a similar purpose: it allows for faster loading of thumbnail images. ----------------------------------- ecookman Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 pm RE:Desktop ----------------------------------- ^ That and: If you don't wanna see it or other files of the like, search for "Folder Options" in the Control Panel and disable the "Show Hidden Files" option.