----------------------------------- nis Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:31 pm How can i use the keyboard in flash ----------------------------------- How do i make the computer reconize when the 'a' button is pressed or 'b' etc. I know how to use the arrow keys (Key.UP, Key.DOWN, etc) but how do i use the other keys? thanks ----------------------------------- Tony Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:16 pm ----------------------------------- well the same way as Key.UP/DOWN, but instead you might have to use their ASCII values :? ----------------------------------- zylum Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:20 pm ----------------------------------- yeah tony is right, you need to use ascii. here's a simple way to check what the ascii value of the last letter you pressed: onEnterFrame = function () { // checks if a is being pressed // if (Key.isDown(65)) { // trace("fun"); // } // gives you the keyCode for the last letter you pressed trace(Key.getCode()); }; -zylum ----------------------------------- nis#2 Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:04 pm ----------------------------------- Thanks