----------------------------------- NitroN2O Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 pm Help with functions ----------------------------------- What is it you are trying to achieve? To ask the user if their Input was correct What is the problem you are having? How to put result from one function to another Describe what you have tried to solve this problem 2 hours of searching and testing Post any relevant code (You may choose to attach the file instead of posting the code if it is too long) function NamePrompt () : string var name : string put "Enter your first name: " .. get name result name end NamePrompt function Inputs () : boolean var tempName : string tempName := NamePrompt () result true end Inputs function checkInput () : boolean var checkInfo : string var tempName : string loop put "Is this information Correct?(yes/no): " .. get checkInfo if checkInfo = "yes" then put "Thanks ", tempName, "!" % There should be a name here but I don't know how to get it here result true else tempName := NamePrompt () put "Thanks ", tempName, "!" end if exit when checkInfo = "yes" or checkInfo = "Yes" end loop end checkInput %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% var InputMain : boolean var CheckInput : boolean var magicWord : string loop InputMain := Inputs () CheckInput := checkInput () put "Do you want to re-run the program: " .. get magicWord exit when magicWord not= "Yes" and magicWord not= "yes" end loop Please specify what version of Turing you are using 4.11 ----------------------------------- TokenHerbz Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:12 am RE:Help with functions ----------------------------------- when you call checkinput, your declare tempname as an empty string, instead of calling a function to do it, thats the issue. passing functions into functions can be annoying if your not careful, i dont usually think its required in this case as the function should do both the verification, etc, however if you wanted to use it over in other blocks i guess you could do something like this... dont copy my code but you can use it to solve your problem for school. [code] %%a reusable function to CONFIRM things. function confirmed : boolean var ans: string := "" put "Are you sure this is correct? (yes/no)" get ans if ans = "yes" then result true end if result false end confirmed %%get a valid user name function getName : string var name: string := "" loop put "please Enter your name" get name exit when confirmed put "" end loop result name end getName %%get a valid age function getAge : int var age : int := 0 loop put "enter your age" get age exit when confirmed and age >= 0 put "" end loop result age end getAge %%init var userName : string := getName var userAge : int := getAge %%sucess put "Thank you for your time ", userName, " who is ", userAge [/code]