----------------------------------- deaths_ally Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:59 pm How To Send Signals Using Frequency ----------------------------------- Is there a way that instead of using IR to send signals could i use frequencys with the right hardware. I am using it to make a remote control vehicle with simple forward back left and right using 2 fans turning them on and off ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:01 pm ----------------------------------- in theory i think you could, if you could get a sonic sensor or something to detect the different frequencys and to do whatever you want your thing to do, but i don't know where you would get one. ----------------------------------- guruguru Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:49 pm ----------------------------------- :shock: random!! :shock: ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:07 pm ----------------------------------- what do you mean random? ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:56 pm ----------------------------------- if you are trying to do this throw a laptop IR port using truing it will not work b/c turing cant contorel a laptop's IR port (i have tryed). but if you are using parallelget and parallelput in turing to send info to a IR emitor that is hoked up to the parallel port it may be posable. BUT the main part of the progaming whould not be done in turing it whould be in ASM on a chip in a criut you whould have to make that is hocked up to the emitor. for fequency you whould need some kind on clock cricuit with a progames chip that takes input from the parallel port from turing in the form of high and low or 0 and 1. this whould reucer you to progem the chip in the cirut in a lang like ASM (asmbley) to conver this input in to out that chages the clock seting on the cirut thous chaging the fercey of the emitor. so unless you know alot about computer engering and progaming in pic bacik or ASM, this whould be very hard to do with a turing interface. ----------------------------------- SuperGenius Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:52 pm ----------------------------------- dan... thanks for making this site becuase it rocks... but i have one question for you... what grades did you get in english?... i dont mean to make fun I just want to know lol ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:10 pm ----------------------------------- aucaly i do very well in eng corese b/c they dont have spelling tests in high school :P . if you take the avg of all my eng corse i have done in HS it whould be in the 90s. :shock: shcoking i know, i even pasted the grade 10 eng test 1st time. just cant spell and not gr8 with the gramer when i type fast :P ----------------------------------- recneps Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:39 pm ----------------------------------- Dan just hopes hes not sent to the "special english class" (the one for the ones who fail OSSLT) Its in the same class as my eng, and i see on the board at the side "Spelling test....." haha. :D ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:43 pm ----------------------------------- Dan just hopes hes not sent to the "special english class" (the one for the ones who fail OSSLT) Its in the same class as my eng, and i see on the board at the side "Spelling test....." haha. :D well i passed the OSSLT :twisted: dum standersied testing probly could teach the kids better if they toke all the money they usesd to make that thing and put it in to the schools.