----------------------------------- fiercedeity Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:09 pm Making a game online ----------------------------------- How do you make an online game? Something like World's Hardest Game (http://www.coolmath-games.com/0-worlds-hardest-game). I'm not asking about the actual programming part of it, but how do I get website? How do I actually put a game ON or program a game INTO that website? What programming language do I use? For example, how could I, starting with nothing other than a little programming knowledge and a readiness to learn, make a simple game website that my friends could play? ----------------------------------- Zren Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:22 pm RE:Making a game online ----------------------------------- That website is made from HTML, and themed with CSS, with Javascript (NOT Java) to do complicated logic + button interaction. On that page, their is an HTML tag which links to a Adobe Flash file (.swf) which is programmed in ActionScript. That swf file is the actual game. To get a website to serve the HTML/CSS/JS/Flash files, you'll need a webhost. Normally you have to pay for them, but there are plenty of (shitty) free webhosts. But, since you'll probably also want to eventually want to learn git, you could probably create a small site on GitHub, but that's getting ahead of ourselves. Which do you really want to learn first. Making a website, or the game which can be embedded into HTML (which you can upload to somewhere like newgrounds)? ----------------------------------- Nathan4102 Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:48 am RE:Making a game online ----------------------------------- Just my two cents, you probably wouldn't want to learn flash, it's been declining for years because of security concerns and proprietary issues. Most recent online games are written in HTML5/JS. Before you write an HTML5 game though, id suggest learning basic HTML/CSS/JS web dev first. 000webhost offers free hosting. It puts some ads on your page occasionally so it's not good for a public site, but it's perfect for development. I think they also give you a free subdomain if you don't have your own.