----------------------------------- boycey1991 Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 am Pseudocode ----------------------------------- I need to write the pseudocode for the following scenario and then write a Java program for it, but pseudocode is one of the things I just cannot wrap my head around. Even just using plain English instead of pseudocode would be helpful just to get the basic steps! The scenario: Lottery ticket = One ticket has up to 4 selections per ticket, each selection has 6 numbers (so selection 1 = 2, 5, 1, 8, 9, 22. Selection 2 = 22, 45, 25, 35, 39 etc). Every week 6 numbers are pulled up as winning lottery numbers, so this week for example the winning lottery numbers are: 1, 5, 11, 16, 22, 55. The prizes work like this (with example prizes), 3 winning numbers = £10, 4 winning numbers = £100, 5 winning numbers = £1000 and 6 winning numbers = £10000 Find the maximum number of winning tickets? How many tickets have 3 or more winning numbers? Find the total amount of money that has been won (so the total winnings for all winning cards, as some cards would have won more) How many tickets do you need to guarantee a win? How do you get a winning number from the pool? What is the possibility of earning money on each ticket? How much winnings can you get from one ticket ? ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 pm RE:Pseudocode ----------------------------------- If you are having trouble explaining to someone else what to do, how do you hope to get to step 2 and explain it all again, but with all of the additional requirements and constraints that are Java?