----------------------------------- Schaef Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:10 pm help with chrono sprite animation ----------------------------------- here is a program that I have just started to work on. I have it so that you can walk around with chrono from the game chrono trigger and draw your sword while facing either left,right or down so far. I am trying to get it so that while he is standing still with his sword drawn he moves up and down kind of like he is breathing while hes standing there. I have attempted to do this while chrono is facing left with his sword drawn with a loop starting on line 193 of my program. I put "exit when chars(KEY_LEFT_ARROW)" in the loop but it doesnt stop the loop from going. Any ideas on how to fix this? ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:46 pm ----------------------------------- there are two problems: you don't have an Input.KeyDown (chars) inside that loop. Also, there is a big delay in there. You have to hit the key at the right time, or hold it down. Shouldn't be too hard to fix, though I don't know how atm. if all else fails, however, you can use fork :? ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:46 pm ----------------------------------- when chrono is standing still, that's basicly telling me you are not currently pressing down on any keys. With Input.KeyDown, just draw something if you have a key pressed down, but if you didn't press anything, have him breathe. I would suggest keeping a counter of which breathing picture to draw, and once you have drawn it, increase the counter, so the next picture could be drawn. All this is done when no key is being pressed, and when he has a sword out (Im assuming you used a boolean flag for the sword/no sword)