----------------------------------- lashari Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:49 pm case construct, a problem ----------------------------------- in this program when i type "Monday" in the execution window with the capital "M", it displays the message "mow the lawn" otherwise it would not work, can somebody modify this program so that it will work correctly whether or not the dayof the week is entered with a capital letter. var day : string put "Enter the day of the week. " .. get day case day of label "Monday" : put "mow the lawn" label "Tuesday" : put "do the laundry" label "Wednesday" : put "shop for groceries" label "Thursday" : put "vaccuum the carpets" label "Friday" : put "wash the windows" label "Saturday" : put "wash the car" label "Sunday" : put "take a break" label : put "That wasn't a day that I recognize." end case ----------------------------------- zylum Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:01 pm ----------------------------------- var day : string put "Enter the day of the week. " .. get day case day of label "Monday","monday" : put "mow the lawn" label "Tuesday","tuesday" : put "do the laundry" etc... just put a common and the alternate spelling/caps -zylum ----------------------------------- Hackster Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:53 pm ----------------------------------- wow this site has everything, i also need help with case, thanx ----------------------------------- zylum Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:21 pm ----------------------------------- what exactly is your problem? ----------------------------------- appling Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:54 pm ----------------------------------- do u mean this? var day : string put "Enter the day of the week. " .. get day case day of label "Monday", "M", "m" : put "mow the lawn" label "Tuesday", "T", "t" : put "do the laundry" label "Wednesday", "W", "w" : put "shop for groceries" label "Thursday", "Th", "th" : put "vaccuum the carpets" label "Friday", "F", "f" : put "wash the windows" label "Saturday", "Sa", "sa" : put "wash the car" label "Sunday", "S", "s" : put "take a break" label : put "That wasn't a day that I recognize." end case