----------------------------------- Aryzen Mon May 25, 2015 8:20 pm Ready to Program HSA Console won't appear ----------------------------------- I am unable to make an HSA console window appear, even if the code is correct. This is on my friend's computer, running Windows 7. I know that the code is correct, as it runs perfectly on my own machine. The window simply does not appear. The editor window does not throw out any errors, but the status bar says 'execution finished'. \ Ready to Program was reinstalled numerous times, Java Runtime was reinstalled numerous times... Perhaps I should install the JDK? There is nothing in the preferences window that has any sort of indication, or relevancy to this problem.... Nothing can be done to fix this... Could anyone help me figure this out...? Thanks. ----------------------------------- DemonWasp Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 pm RE:Ready to Program HSA Console won\'t appear ----------------------------------- Ready to Program won't use an installed JDK. That's not your problem. Can we see your source code? It's pretty hard to see why without it. ----------------------------------- Aryzen Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 pm Re: Ready to Program HSA Console won't appear ----------------------------------- Can we see your source code? It's pretty hard to see why without it. There isn't much to see. Just a test program, using the HSA template, that prints "Hello World." If you insist, however... I'll paste it here. [code]// The "Test" class. import java.awt.*; import hsa.Console; public class Test { static Console c; // The output console public static void main (String[] args) { c = new Console (); c.println ("Hello World"); // Place your program here. 'c' is the output console } // main method } // Test class [/code] As you can see, this is pretty much the HSA template. I never even bothered to remove the "Place your program here[...]" quote. :twisted: As I've said, this runs perfectly fine on my (Windows 8.1) machine... And I know the school systems use Windows 7, under which they work perfectly as well. ----------------------------------- DemonWasp Tue May 26, 2015 7:57 am RE:Ready to Program HSA Console won\'t appear ----------------------------------- Well, it's not a code problem. Are you running it using the same version of Ready to Program everywhere? Does your friend have multiple monitors or multiple desktops? ----------------------------------- Aryzen Tue May 26, 2015 8:09 am Re: Ready to Program HSA Console won't appear ----------------------------------- I am pretty sure we're using the same version... No, he does not have multiple monitors, and there are no virtual desktops as far as I know... I am, however, starting to feel that it's because his computer is running aero-glass... The school computers always switch between aero and basic, when running the HSA console, but his computer does not switch. I'll try to do that... ((Edit: No. It does not work.)) ((Edit 2: Disabling and uninstalling antivirus doesn't help either.)) ----------------------------------- DemonWasp Tue May 26, 2015 9:24 am RE:Ready to Program HSA Console won\'t appear ----------------------------------- Well, that's pretty odd. Maybe check the compatibility options in the shortcut? Or just switch to using standard Java UI classes. The hsa.Console is incredibly buggy and hasn't been maintained in roughly a decade. ----------------------------------- Aryzen Tue May 26, 2015 9:43 am RE:Ready to Program HSA Console won\'t appear ----------------------------------- Well, that's pretty odd. Maybe check the compatibility options in the shortcut? I would do that, if his computer weren't in Chinese. I can talk it just fine, but I can't read because of *coughdyslexiacough* Or just switch to using standard Java UI classes. The hsa.Console is incredibly buggy and hasn't been maintained in roughly a decade. Not really an option... We're in Grade 11 Computer Science, and we have to follow the book.