----------------------------------- Amailer Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:28 pm Cookies for download hits? ----------------------------------- Hey, okay... i wanna know... should i make it so that for every download, a cookie is set to last 24/h's? Or would that be a bad idea? I want to make it so that people don't give the download hit's every 24/h. ----------------------------------- Dan Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:17 pm ----------------------------------- i have no idea what u are doing this for but if u are using a phpbb borad on the same site why not make it so they have to be a memebr to dl and then just store it in the db? b/c poleop can esaly modify or just delte the file ----------------------------------- Amailer Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:24 pm ----------------------------------- but i want it so that everyone can dl it but.... i don't want the person to keep clicking and giving the download tons of hits-- ----------------------------------- wtd Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:53 pm ----------------------------------- Cookes are easy to fake. Don't rely on them to store critical information. Instead use sessions. Every visitor gets a unique number, stored in a cookie. That is then used to lookup data on the server which says how long it's been since they last downloaded a file. http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php