----------------------------------- Compfreak Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:04 pm CSS ----------------------------------- How come you don't have anything about Cascade Style Sheets? -cfreak ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:05 pm ----------------------------------- casue i have no clue what they are , im not sure if many people do , Would you care to ecplain what thee are ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:05 pm ----------------------------------- you could probably group that into html, that's what i think. ----------------------------------- Compfreak Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:12 pm ----------------------------------- Alright, cascade style sheets make updating a website with many pages very simple. Lets say you have a site with 50 pages, and you want to change all your h1 headers color from red to green. Suppose you have a header on each page. If you try to change the headers on each of those 50 pages, it doesn't take you long to realize you'll be at it for a while. Now with an external style sheet, you change the color of ALL your h1 headers from red to green all at one time, in about 30 seconds. No muss, no fuss, and you don't spend all day long just to change one header on every page of your website. ----------------------------------- jonos Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:47 pm ----------------------------------- basically, its an easy way to change link colours and action, colour the scrollbars, and do cool stuff like that easily. ----------------------------------- Amailer Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:05 pm ----------------------------------- ya... CSS goes with HTML :doh: ----------------------------------- wtd Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:21 am ----------------------------------- In short, CSS is a way of making your HTML describe what the contents of your page are, rather than how they should be displayed. It's a tool to allow for separation of presentation (style sheet) and structure (HTML/XHTML). ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:08 pm Re: CSS ----------------------------------- How come you don't have anything about Cascade Style Sheets? well since that gose with html, and html is not a progaming languge and this is a progaming web site..... now that i think about it i dont even know why we have html on this site hummmm, i guse it helps poleop with php stuff. ----------------------------------- wtd Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:44 am Re: CSS ----------------------------------- How come you don't have anything about Cascade Style Sheets? well since that gose with html, and html is not a progaming languge and this is a progaming web site..... now that i think about it i dont even know why we have html on this site hummmm, i guse it helps poleop with php stuff. Why not have it? It's only a few kilobytes of data in a table somewhere, and if someone doesn't care about it, they can ignore it. :-) ----------------------------------- Amailer Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:45 am ----------------------------------- it will be just another wast of forums... :S leave it as it is, the HTML forum is good enough for it.