----------------------------------- JayLo Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:00 pm a game concept ----------------------------------- you know those games where there is some type of flying object and you have to dodge some obstacles? http://www.addictinggames.com/helicopter.html is it possible to do this in turing? I have a very preliminary one going but it's pretty stupid... ----------------------------------- Asok Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:02 pm ----------------------------------- This is possible to accomplish in turing, in fact, Daniel Green (dumb loser) made a racing game on the exact same concept. ----------------------------------- JayLo Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:03 pm any ideas how? ----------------------------------- i mean like the moving background thingie and box generator, I find pretty hard. ----------------------------------- Asok Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:06 pm ----------------------------------- Well here's basically what you'll need, the hellicopter can be drawn and controlled the Pic.Draw. You'll need a variable for distance between top and bottom. You'll need to have everything in a loop. You'll need to randomly generate the boxes (Rand.Int). ----------------------------------- JayLo Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:15 pm ----------------------------------- aww man... this is turning into grade 10 math all over again! :P oh well, thanks a bunch asok. ----------------------------------- JayLo Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- my boxes don't come out. ----------------------------------- Asok Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:40 pm ----------------------------------- This is because Procedure obstacle isn't getting called. so it is never getting the message to draw. ----------------------------------- JayLo Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:22 pm ----------------------------------- try calling in 'obstacle'. oh and about generating a background, how? ----------------------------------- JayLo Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:23 pm ----------------------------------- should I divide my window into sections to check if the object hit something? please give some base code. ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:14 pm ----------------------------------- i think you whont to use closione dection for this one, so yes you kind of need to diived up your window to see if the sub is hitying anyting. we have a tutorale on this here: http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=75