----------------------------------- Tubs Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:13 am Number converter ----------------------------------- i am making a number converter... using roman numeral and arabic numbers. i have the arabic to RN part of it done, but the for statement im using for the RN to arabic keeps going out of the array substring. (using i + 1 to check for stuff like IV). is there any way to make a default if or something to tell the program to end the loop if i + 1 is undeclared? ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:03 pm ----------------------------------- you can add a flag character at the end of the string... something like space for example... text := text + " " then in your forloop when checking for post characters, if its is your flag character (in this case space) then you know its the end of the string ----------------------------------- Tubs Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:42 am ----------------------------------- ya man that works, thanks a lot ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:51 pm ----------------------------------- hmmm... i was kinda thinking of making a Roman Number converter to normal number and back... but ive had no time... plus i found it difficault.. and LOTs of lines of code.. if normal >=1000 and normal =500 and normal =100 and normal