----------------------------------- jonos Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:29 pm triangle equation practice for math ----------------------------------- i did this for practice in equations for math (grade 10), so you have to input three vertexes of a triangle, and the program will draw it on a grid, calculate the lengths, slopes, and midpoints of all the sides. i was originally going to have it draw the medians and point out the centroid and all that stuff but i kind of lost interest (again, again, damn). keep you labels to only 1 character, and all coordinates under 20 and over 0. have fun. hopefully the bits thing works. ----------------------------------- jonos Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:34 pm ----------------------------------- come on people say something. its been on here for almost an hour or more. geez. :D edit: ok i guess i will have to wait for tomorrow morning to get feedback from you people who are too busy to look at this. damn;. ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:32 pm ----------------------------------- anyone want to say something about this... or does it suck that much ----------------------------------- Paul Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:13 pm ----------------------------------- 1st, its in RAR, so that eliminates some ppl. Then theres triangle boring stuff And I only look at interesting stuff... ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:46 pm ----------------------------------- well, i will have to change it for the people who need to get a better archiver (like 7zip). ----------------------------------- Cervantes Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:27 pm ----------------------------------- looks really good. You said you lost interest. If you hadn't I would suggest making it so that when you're inputting the grid is already drawn and it plots the point that the coord is. Then when all the points are plotted and labelled it draws the lines and calculates stuff. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:31 pm ----------------------------------- oo.. just got a runtime error from division by zero when trying to calculate the slope or a verticle line. :? ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:38 pm ----------------------------------- yeah, i got that too, i don't know how to fix that, and as you are knowing of, i have lost interest in it. maybe ill do the grid thing... that might be fun. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:08 pm ----------------------------------- When you are calculating the slope of line AB do this: if x2 - x1 not= 0 then blah blah blah end if ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:33 pm ----------------------------------- good idea, and i will someday do it, but not now. ive practically stopped turing and moved to blitz. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:05 pm ----------------------------------- hahah gr.10 math.... i hate equations ..... im good, but i dont have to like em!!!! Cool prog.... too bad if i want an answer i will look in back of book..... (if i cant figure it out) i dont have a lab top at school to use this... so...yea... i dont realy listen to teach much... i zone out... then i dont know how to do some stuff.. (all good now).. but this mite have been nice a little while ago when i acually had homework... PS: i never do homework, it gets done at school.... Good job + 3 BITS Also, any other progs u working on???? ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:32 pm ----------------------------------- nope, i am not working on any progs, im tyring to learn bb