----------------------------------- templest Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:53 am I challenge you to a flame war SHORTHAIR! ----------------------------------- :twisted: First off... Let's start where we left off. I am not white, I am not 8, and I obviously don't have mental deficiancies, seeing as how my posts end up owning yours. I use pics, appropriately, when they fit. Yours doesn't. And you where at that camp? So you went to a "childs with down syndrome"'s camp? Wow.. Maybe you shouldn't be taking computer science courses then. :roll: Now let's get back on the fùck subject. Maybe in the early 1600's, the word FùCK ment "Fornication Under the Kings Concent". BUT were not in the 1600's are we!? I'm pretty sure words that are considered "inteligable" now-a-days, someone back in the day wouldn't know wtf that ment. Even more so... read a book that contains "Olde English". Yes, Olde, not Old. Shakespearian is modern enlish, that's not old. Read the OLD FùCKING BOOKS! No one speaks that any more. Besides, Ever herd of words spelt the same but with different meaning? Yes.. Surprised? Grab a new dictionary you b1tch.. And read out the definition for the word "fùck".. without the tilde of course, and if it says anything about a King and Concent to Fornicate.. I'll give you all my bits. Now I mean, a modern dictionary, that is labled "Modern English". Unlike you old-timers (really old-timers).. I speak modern enlish.. Not Pre-Shakespearian. ----------------------------------- shorthair Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:11 pm ----------------------------------- it wont be a modern english dictonary , english dosent chage , just new words are added , they dont just banish owrds after a while , and the original use of hte word was fornification under the king , but that was not english , it was another language , the english adaption that we use today has a different meaning that was derived from its original meaing , jsut like most of the words in the english dictonary , and about the flaming, at least when i flame i keep it there , i dont go editing it out and hiding , and with your lack of knowledge thus might prove you are in fact 8 years old ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:08 pm ----------------------------------- grrrrrrrrr dan don't like flaming and dan don't like poleop making fun of the disadvatgened (childs with down syndrome) whatch it, this topci is making me mad. P.S. love the sig shorthair. ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:11 pm ----------------------------------- You talkin bout cool club or cteam stuff? ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:13 pm ----------------------------------- "All Your Bits Are Belong To Me !!!! " clasick.... ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:19 pm ----------------------------------- Haha ya :!: ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:26 pm ----------------------------------- well templest does have a point... language changes... it envolves over time. Not only new words are added but also old ones attain a new meaning. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:15 pm ----------------------------------- come on... new round. templest vs. shorthair, keep it going, ive been waiting a long time for flaming wars. ----------------------------------- templest Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:33 pm ----------------------------------- and with your lack of knowledge thus might prove you are in fact 8 years old Indeed, because you very well know how an eight year old knows what the word "shakespearian" means. english dosent chage Are you on crack? "Ye Olde English" is very much the same language, only that it has evolved so much, some people consider it a new language al together, even though it isn't. Heh.. I'd expect more from you than a stupid remark like this. I YOu are probably reffering to languages being derived from other languages, for example, spanish, french, and english are all derrived from latin. Maybe you should get your facts straight. You have the knowledge.. you probably just crossed some wires here and there. I won't hold that ignorance against you. EDIT: Apperantly I was wrong in my previous statement, but I have corrected myself in a following post and have still managed to prove my point, now that that's out of the way... FLAME ON! just new words are added Yes.. But that is only a MINISCULE part of how languages evolve. Including way of spelling, grammatics, ect.. all change. For example: Sulphur, is no longer spelt like that.. It's now spelt Sulfur.. And that's just ONE example. Now.. Let's move on.. they dont just banish owrds after a while Are you on crack? "cyningen", "cwen", "costermonger", "cove" (still used by some old tymers).. Are some examples of words that you just don't here anymore, or have you herd anyone say "What are you doin' with me cwen you stickin' piece of sh1t?" Never. Now about the flaming.. I was making you look like an idiot. And apperantly, I succeeded. It's called making you look like an ass.. not beeing a pussy. Learn to tell the difference. and the original use of hte word was fornification under the king , but that was not english , it was another language , the english adaption that we use today has a different meaning that was derived from its original meaing No.. This post is over it's character limit, so I'm going to make another post to continue. EDIT: Apperantly my Enter Key isn't working.. whatever.. let's continue. FUCK (according to the english dictionary means: 1. To have sexual intercourse with. 2. To take advantage of, betray, or cheat; victimize. 3. Used in the imperative as a signal of angry dismissal. 4. To act wastefully or foolishly. 5. To interfere; meddle. Often used with with. 6. Used as an intensive: What the fuck did you do that for? 7. Used to express extreme displeasure. 8. To spend time idly. 9. To masturbate. 10. To treat unfairly; take advantage of. 11. To make a mistake; bungle something. 12. To act carelessly, foolishly, or incorrectly. 13. To cause to be intoxicated. Correct me if I'm wrong.. I see nothing there that has to do with "Fornication Under The Kings Concent".. And Some of the ways in which the word can be used have NOTHING TO DO WITH FORNICATING, SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, OR LIKEWISE... "To spend time idly" really makes me think of fornicating. http://home.zonnet.nl/forum_spam1/post_related/flamewar/images/0095.jpg ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:46 pm ----------------------------------- dude, i like how you use clever wordplay to get your point across, but tone down the swearing, seriously. there are probably 8/9/10/11 year olds here and im sure they are a little surprised to see fúck, sh1t, b1tch and all that on a programming site. ive been told to watch my language before, and i have seen others been told that also. ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:59 pm ----------------------------------- Bah, Im not surprised by those words, I was surprised by that "Frog goes a courting" picture blown up on my school computer screen, damn naoki... ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:05 pm ----------------------------------- ...for example, spanish, french, and english are all derrived from latin. You're crazy, templest. We all know that every word in the English language is come from Greek! ----------------------------------- Cervantes Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:42 pm ----------------------------------- ^ is crazy too. English originated from Australian :lol: ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:22 pm ----------------------------------- templest: you are right about eng evualing, just look how it is chagning with the net. but i think u can find a better example then the one u currtly are.... ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- you know what dan, you are a prime example of evolving english :D ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:35 pm ----------------------------------- 8) :wink: i call it danish ----------------------------------- shorthair Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:24 pm ----------------------------------- i actually laughed right out lod , and thought that was one of hte best comments ever made on compsci, thats history boys , way to go dan and cervantes , for making shorthair laugh ----------------------------------- templest Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:45 am ----------------------------------- think u can find a better example then the one u currtly are.... say what!? :? BTW: Shorthair, I'm bored. No response? :shock: ----------------------------------- templest Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:53 am ----------------------------------- OK, Maybe I was mistaken when I made the refference to where English originated from... but after some reaserch I have found this (supported by various sources): English is descended from the language spoken by the Germanic tribes, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, that began populating the British Isles around 500 AD. These invaders pushed the original, Celtic-speaking inhabitants out of what is now England into Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, and Ireland. The various dialects spoken by these Germanic invaders formed what would eventually be called Old English. Old English lasted until 1100, shortly after the Norman conquest. and Where did English come from? The Germanic language of the Angulseaxans (Anglo-Saxons), who began arriving in the British Isles in the middle of the 5th century AD, developed independently of the original continental Ealdseaxe (Old Saxons), becoming what is called both Anglo-Saxon and Old English. English developed from there, more or less as follows: 450-1100 Anglo-Saxon/Old English 1100-1500 Middle English (Chaucer) 1500-1700 Early Modern (Shakespeare) 1700-1900 19th century (Industrial Revolution & Victorians) 1900-2000 Modern (Technology) Even though my previous statement was untrue. I have corrected myself, and still managed to prove my point. That languaged evolve... And that your refference to that only words are added is purely untrue. Now that we have all this out of the way.. FLAME ON! ----------------------------------- jonos Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:12 am ----------------------------------- i think you're the only one who is still flaming in this topic ----------------------------------- Dauntless Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:57 am ----------------------------------- Yeah templest, you're dumb. how my posts end up owning yours. I use pics, appropriately, when they fit. Yours doesn't Um....I can't even start on how dumb you sound. How do posts "own" posts... You sure are the almighty pic-using post-owning master of compsci.ca... ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:34 pm ----------------------------------- Id flame some more but as the peopel say , you are the picture posting master , of compsci , i cant beat that , all i can do is post what i think is right , and whati know , nothing more nothing less wheter i am wright or wrong i dont know but thats all ----------------------------------- Dauntless Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:36 pm ----------------------------------- Basically shorthair, by comparison, you're just another normal non-pic-posting person like me. Or Knightmare. Except Knightmare is supernormal, but for other reasons. ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:38 pm ----------------------------------- Well this war has come to an end , throw peralis battle , and fearsome meets, we have seen the end of an age ,the beggining of a way of life we have HOLD UP , that was such a retarded post , i cant belive i jsut said that , to hell with all that , i auto win becuase i say so and this is my post and you cant do anyhting about that , ( well mods can ) ----------------------------------- Dauntless Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:34 pm ----------------------------------- Also, jonos...what the heck were you talking about? "clever word play"? Where was that? ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:04 pm ----------------------------------- Shorthair wins. Going from the poll's information, half the people that voted think that Shorthair shouldn't have to think before he flames. Templest you tried to make a poll that no one could vote "no" to, but unfortunately for you, it failed horribly :P :lol: :D ----------------------------------- TheXploder Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:31 pm ----------------------------------- I don't know about that... I think this is a close one... ----------------------------------- templest Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:08 am ----------------------------------- OK, Enough of my humerous attempt at flaming shorthair.. first off. That whole "owning" this is me being a teenager using internet-talk. (another example of evolving languaged perhaps?). When did all of this start off anyways? Perhaps when shorthair started flaming every single turing submission I've made.. EVER? I personally hate shorthair for being such an asshole, and me starting a flamewar with him is my attempt at making shorthair seem like an idiot, why? Because of the same fact, I hate him. As well, I've seen many of you use these same slang terms that I use on the internet. If not in this particular post, than in someo ther time. Don't tell me you haven't used this type of language some time or another, even as a joke. Now back to the whole fùck thing. You cannot honestly tell me you've never used that word. I'll laugh in your face and call you a liar. Shorthair to me is a little fùck-head that just because he's gotten on all the mod's good side, everyone tends to favour his comments. And you know what? I don't give a flying "fùck". Yes.. a fuck, that of which, is the flying kind. :roll: I don't like you, and probably never will like you. And I wanted you to know that. Yep. More like not like.. Let's say.. loathe. I want to stab you in the neck with a dull pencil. i auto win becuase i say so and this is my post and you cant do anyhting about that You arrogant little b1tch. In the words of.. who the fùck cares: "I hope you die a million deaths, each one a thousand times more painful and prolonged than the last." There's my flame... I have better things to do that waste my time on a whorish child that seems to indulge on the fact that he's on the cTeam and moderators love him. Wow, feel proud. As about the whole "owning" posts thing.. They always seem to.. check back to all of our previous debates... Specially the whole "Linux debate". And back to the poll. For quite some time. That poll actually read 70% say yes. In conclusion: Please, kill yourself. EDIT: Templest you tried to make a poll that no one could vote "no" to, but unfortunately for you, it failed horribly That makes no sense. I clearly placed a "yes" and a "no" option. If it was ment to be completely one sided, then I would have made it so that no matter what, it would make him look bad. I'm a bit more clever than that. And you, my feeble-friend, should reconcider what you just said. ----------------------------------- templest Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:39 am ----------------------------------- The following comment is so retarded, I have decided to make a post just for itself: Yeah templest, you're dumb. Quote: how my posts end up owning yours. I use pics, appropriately, when they fit. Yours doesn't Um....I can't even start on how dumb you sound. How do posts "own" posts... You sure are the almighty pic-using post-owning master of compsci.ca... Let's see... where do we start. We all know about this emerging "leet talk" (or 1337 +/\7|