----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:09 pm Conan In Canada ----------------------------------- Anyone loving this. One of the funniest men alive is in Canada. Anyone going to see him, I wish I was. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:15 pm ----------------------------------- Bah, hockey playing mountie that skates and lives in a igloo made out of beer cans who rides a moose and has a beaver as a pet. ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:17 pm ----------------------------------- Hahaha man that stuff is hilarious. You know your city is gay when you have a 1000 m penis as your symbol. ----------------------------------- jonos Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:46 pm ----------------------------------- what! what city is this. ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:44 pm ----------------------------------- toronto ie. the CN tower :? ----------------------------------- Mazer Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:03 am ----------------------------------- Conan? The Barbarian? I had no idea he was in Canada... man, I haven't seen that show in so long! ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:40 am ----------------------------------- he's a 20 minute drive away from me! 8) ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:22 am ----------------------------------- the cn tower is a penis!!!! yeah. what is the big vagina then (the bluejay stardium?) ----------------------------------- Maverick Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:04 pm ----------------------------------- Ya in one of the segments the guy said "The CN Tower and the Skydome are the penis and vagina of toronto" BTW anyone see how everyone overeacted by Triumph the comic dog. Triumph made fun of the french several times while all of his comments were true. Now every fackin politician is trying to say how bad it is. Hes a facking INSULT dog and the french do stink. I hate all politicians im beginning to think that our politicians are stupider then Mr. Bush in the US. ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:26 pm ----------------------------------- my views on the french thing: -french people as a whole take things way too seriously because they think they are "special" in Canada because they are a distinct minority, but so are chinese, vietnamese, russians, italians, germans, jamaicans, south fricans, malaysians, etc. (i hope you get my point) -french canadians have always said things against english canadians (rene levesque beleived that english canadians were the cause of quebec's problems (much like hitler and the jews)), and rarely has an english canadian said anything about that being bad and stuff, but when it happens the other way around french canadians start saying that they are hated in canada and that they should separate -i also think that someone should be able to say something he/she wants because as this is a democracy we can say what we want. the comments were not inciting violence or action against french canadians one more thing (you might have heard this): you know the comment don cherry made about only french canadians and europeans wearing the visor, that is actually true (the high, high majority of hockey players who wear the visors are european and french canadians. i have nothing against french canadians i just believe they should not be treated specially in canada. thanks for allowing my rant to come out, ive been wanting to say this for a long time bye;. ----------------------------------- Maverick Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:13 pm ----------------------------------- I know he said only french and europeans wear visors. AND its true. Fackin politicains i hate them so much. :evil: ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:15 pm ----------------------------------- yeah, we want anarchy. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:45 pm ----------------------------------- If you wanna read a great speech about stuff like that, read this speech by a former NRA president...it's so good. http://olympia.fortunecity.com/kickbox/377/infoculturalwar.htm#top If you think political correctness has gone way out of hand to the point where people aren't even allowed to say anything non-sterilized, you'll love this speech. ----------------------------------- naoki Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:49 pm ----------------------------------- well the french canadians were the first early people to arrive on canada (not including the natives, who don't get anything for their troubles but gas-sniffing kids), and so they do feel they have some right. although, i think, remembering back from history, that after the british beat the french some french people stayed in canada to live and defy the new government. therefore, the british government had to compensate some way for these people who wouldn't get out of their country. and then french-canadians are all angry because they've never really gotten respect (although one could argue they weren't entitled to any after losing the war). still, triumph was mean. that stuff he said was almost borderline racism. i don't think you'd see triumph go to new york and start calling black people the N-word and trying to play basketball with them would you. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:51 pm ----------------------------------- they've never really gotten respect (although one could argue they weren't entitled to any after losing the war). Change "the" to "almost any". Francophones, w00t w00t! ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:05 pm ----------------------------------- gone, sorry Dan. ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:12 pm ----------------------------------- We do not accpeted rasism in any form here at compsci.ca, plz stop your flaming of the french or i will be forced to delete this topic. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:20 pm ----------------------------------- Ok, so he is the "Insult Dog". Remember that his producer writes his lines, and that he is not actually making it up himself...after all, he's a puppet. If you wanna say that it's ok because that's his name, think of it like this; if, say, David Letterman made a puppet called Bob the Racist Horse, and then Bob said something racist, would it be ok since he's the Racist Horse? ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:21 pm ----------------------------------- Ok well hes made to insult people. If they dont like these things change the channel. Why can noone comprehend this. Like if theres too mmuch violence on fox say, change the channel. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:28 pm ----------------------------------- Alright, it's not a matter of individual offence; I've never seen it. It's saying society condones that kind of behaviour if mainstream television is allowed to broadcast stuff like that. Negative reinforcement is used to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. It's like with little kids, if you don't say something is not ok to do, it's like a go-ahead to do it for them. It's french people right now, but what happens when it's your racial or religious denomination? If you're the police chief, and there's too many murders in your city, you don't just say f* that s* and move away. Crappy analogy, but whatever, you should be smart enough to get the idea. ----------------------------------- Dan Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:30 pm ----------------------------------- Becuse Racisism causes more rascisim. there is no need for shuch things in the moder world. i think that poleop who make pergesited and rascists jokes are doing do b/c they have serises isues about them sevels and pick on every one eltes to feed the void that is there life. that or they like to here them selves talk and have nothing better to say that poleop will listion to. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:31 pm ----------------------------------- pergesited What's that? Can you rephrase..or speak through a translator? lol ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:33 pm ----------------------------------- but what happens when it's your racial or religious denomination? I'm white so technically that probly wont happen lol I get your point. But i didnt think what he said was too harsh. He didnt make fun of french that much. Like ya he suggested some stereotypes like smelling and surrendering but he didnt bash their whole country and theyre beleifs. ----------------------------------- Dauntless Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:34 pm ----------------------------------- Well doesn't sound so bad...and sometimes censoring racism gets out of hand...read the speech, it's good. ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:41 pm ----------------------------------- Wow that really shows how America is paranoid about racism. Anything that even sounds racist they have to censor. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:10 pm ----------------------------------- canada censors way to much also, the whole don cherry thing is turning the cbc paranoid. if everyone is talking about me, i was trying to be racist, i was stating my opinion on things that i have seen/heard/experienced. french canadians are always saying "racist" things about english canadians anyways. ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:34 pm ----------------------------------- Don cherrys comments were true nyways. He may be an idiot but hes right. Europeans all wear visors because they play less physical games and european players are smaller and most of them are weaker then many of the candian players ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:35 pm ----------------------------------- Thats cause we don't have the eternal fear of mad cow disease... damn it! ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:42 pm ----------------------------------- i have yet to meet anyone who has cared about mad cow disease ----------------------------------- Andy Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:10 pm ----------------------------------- well the french canadians were the first early people to arrive on canada wtf r u talkin about naoki? first came the chinese then came the white man ----------------------------------- jonos Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:14 pm ----------------------------------- what!!!! first came the natives from russia via the land bridge around 15 000 or soemthing years ago. this is all another conspiracy to seen discontent among the workers for a communist revolution. ----------------------------------- Andy Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:15 pm ----------------------------------- dude the natives WERE chinese buddy ----------------------------------- Dauntless Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:17 pm ----------------------------------- Pshh, don't even go there. If you wanna start from back then, then basically the Native Americans were here first. Or you could say since people supposedly originated in Africa, the first people over were Africans... Also, the only revolution would be on compsci.ca, and what does Hacker Dan need a facade for? He's already Big Brother and our fearless dictator anyways. No conspiracy here. ----------------------------------- jonos Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:17 pm ----------------------------------- what... weren't they from russia or something. but yeah, they kindof do look chinese/asian ----------------------------------- Asok Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:23 pm ----------------------------------- Also, the only revolution would be on compsci.ca, and what does Hacker Dan need a facade for? He's already Big Brother and our fearless dictator anyways. No conspiracy here. What's that? Is that treason I hear? I guess you know what happends to you now... you get to go hang out at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba with the rest of your terrorist friends you nazi. :P (btw if you're too dense to realize I'm kidding around here then you shall be bludgeoned to death with a wiffle bat :P) ----------------------------------- Dauntless Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:29 pm ----------------------------------- Asok/Martin thinks I'm a Nazi and I'm going to Guantanamo! What an idiot! Eh? Why are you coming after me with a wiffle bat?