----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:46 pm [FP]Grade 10 House(Incomplete) ----------------------------------- This was my final house prog in grade 10. But this one is like 1 month before i actually finished. And my school wiped all accounts for 2nd semester so i lost my finished version. Its missing a flag and a guy getting hit by a car :D ----------------------------------- Paul Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:51 pm ----------------------------------- put a poll on maverick, I'd rated it good-excellent, since its beyond what I could do right now, or maybe not... ----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:55 pm ----------------------------------- Hehe I'm sure u culd probly make that :). But i added sum more advanced stuff that was at school so it wuld be alot better. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:59 pm ----------------------------------- that code could be reduced so much if you used procedures for drawing the house and such... also you should use View.Update because that sun is flickery. ----------------------------------- shorthair Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:17 pm ----------------------------------- maverick , i belive that you could of done alot better on this , and i know that you have the knowledge to , there are alot of things that could make this better , like the use of functions and procedures also , your graphics should not flicker well at least not as much , but becuse you said it wsa grade 10 iwont grill you on it to much , but you should re subnit this and really touch it up ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:37 pm ----------------------------------- Uh i made this on turing version 3.1.1A so i didnt learn any of the new commands. And that was made in the first month of my grade 10 year or compsci. My finished version looked a whole lot bett then this. ----------------------------------- jonos Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:44 pm ----------------------------------- i think it's awesome. my school has really early versions of turing too so a lot of the advanced stuff and functions are not available, i know what its like. people don't usually want to touch things up after learning more turing cause they are sick of something they worded a lot on when they didn't know as much. i think for only a month into grade 10 - great job! ----------------------------------- shorthair Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm ----------------------------------- averick you should have let us know , that it was done in turing 3 and in hte first month of compsci grade 10 , that changes everything , and also how come you didnt complete it before you submited it to compsci , cuase there is no ending date for final projects YET ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:22 pm ----------------------------------- Oh i dunno I had some time on my hands. And since I alredy finished it at school i didnt want to add another 200 lines of code for my other animations. ----------------------------------- recneps Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:07 pm ----------------------------------- Sure when MY project says grade 10, you're like OMG you shoulda done this! (insert really advanced thing here) and (insert sux vote here) But he gets "i wont grill you too much on it" anyways, Great program man, Its better than some of my first animations lol :D ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:39 pm ----------------------------------- Ya you gotta play the sympathy card. But this was like my 2nd project, and my teacher is kinda a retard. ----------------------------------- recneps Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:46 pm ----------------------------------- Aren't they all? (Mine was only nice and all, i wouldnt call him a "retard" at all, but I knew more in Turing than him halfway through:\) ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:49 pm ----------------------------------- Ok then hes a terrible teacher. Sure he knows turing but he wont really teach us, he wanted us to "learn" it. :? ----------------------------------- shorthair Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:09 pm ----------------------------------- your all trying to make me cry arnt you :cry: , BUT you cant grill me if you tell me you were a n00b , after i make my post ....... i like that post man the ( insert complex thing here ) it was very well said ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:11 pm ----------------------------------- No seriously I'm not that good with turing. I'm not just saying I'm a n00b. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:13 pm ----------------------------------- Teachers sometime act and get you angry, so you'd work harder to prove yourself, I see it all the time. ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:22 pm ----------------------------------- Haha, not in my case. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:52 pm ----------------------------------- well, you did make this house, so the teacher isn't TOTALLY useless afterall. And a great house it is. ----------------------------------- josh Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:38 pm ----------------------------------- I like how the houses porch has a 3-d effect on the corner. My only problem is that it nearly gae me a seizure. It kept flikering on my screen (this may jsut be my pc) but it was a pretty neat program. ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:42 pm ----------------------------------- Tnx. It flickers cause i made it on old version of turing and never learned view.update :( ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:50 pm ----------------------------------- yea... maverick its a shame u lost u good verison... lesson learned... backup ur account once a week like me :D.... also... i think your house is great... i had issues drawing crates for my shooter game,... i cant draw 3d to well.. u should try to recreate this to its fullness ----------------------------------- valor Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:24 pm ----------------------------------- 8) nice nice that must have taken a while, anyway good job i was impressed by the lights going on and off.