----------------------------------- Jsmith Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:10 pm UW and UofT Computer Science Admissions ----------------------------------- After reading the admission averages on the university websites I was feeling pretty confident but after reading some admission stories I've become pretty nervous so I'm just wondering what my chances are like from people who have already been accepted or are currently taking the program. Programs applied to: Computer Science (Co-op) University of Waterloo Computer Science (Regular) University of Waterloo Computer Science University of Toronto High school marks (took a year off to work and pay for some tuition fees): Calculus 90 Adv. Functions 90 English 90 Physics 83 Chemistry 86 Philosophy 86 University guitar course: 98 Top 6 average: 90 Any other good computer science program recommendations would be nice too. ----------------------------------- Raknarg Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm RE:UW and UofT Computer Science Admissions ----------------------------------- I haven't looked it up recently, but I remember reading some statistics about which schools had their graduates hired out the most, and it was something like 1. UW (by a longshot) 2. UT 3. Carleton U UW and UT are the best though, so beyond that I don't think the choice of school matters as much. ----------------------------------- heema Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:27 am RE:UW and UofT Computer Science Admissions ----------------------------------- If I recall correctly, there's a spot on the AIF to explain circumstances for your marks, such as your family issues. I suppose extracurriculars would be helpful, since the AIF does ask you to list them out. Any Waterloo contests are also good, so consider signing up for the Fermat and CCC this year (although I'm pretty sure it's too late for both Sad ). ----------------------------------- lauragibs Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:25 am Re: UW and UofT Computer Science Admissions ----------------------------------- you surely have a good result http://jogarjogosdemoto.com/