----------------------------------- n3rdwannab3 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:03 pm Laws of Boolean Algebra?? ----------------------------------- Convert the following product of sums into a sum of products using the laws of Boolean Algebra (x' + y) * (y' + z) * (z' + x) where x' is NOT x + is OR * is AND I have no clues how to start... is this like mathematics? :( :( :( ----------------------------------- Insectoid Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 pm RE:Laws of Boolean Algebra?? ----------------------------------- Look at De Morgan's laws. NOT(A OR B) = (NOT A) AND (NOT B) Also, NOT(A AND B) = (NOT A) OR (NOT B) This also means that NOT((NOT A) AND (NOT B)) = A OR B. Or you can do NOT((NOT A) AND B) = A OR (NOT B). Look for these identities in your product of sums, and swap them out for their equivalent pair. For example, (x' + y) can be re-written as (x * y')'. It's been a while since I've done this, so I might have a mistake or two in there. ----------------------------------- Tony Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 pm Re: Laws of Boolean Algebra?? ----------------------------------- is this like mathematics? :( :( :( Yes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_algebra ----------------------------------- Raknarg Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:37 am RE:Laws of Boolean Algebra?? ----------------------------------- @Insectoid everything looks good there