----------------------------------- princess Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:06 pm a "System.out.println" question... ----------------------------------- when i am using System.out.println... in a loop how do i make everything appear on one line?? ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:07 pm ----------------------------------- well println is a line :? you have to use Systerm.out.print(); instead... ----------------------------------- princess Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:09 pm ----------------------------------- sooo theres no way i can do it with the \n or \t and the "special formatting commands? ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:30 pm ----------------------------------- \n is the new line character. It creates a new line :lol: what .println does is it sticks \n at the end of your string for you. Using .print instead should fix that problem :think: ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:39 pm ----------------------------------- Maybe there's an assignment asking you not to use print but to use println, then you can add all the strings together and make one big println ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:45 pm ----------------------------------- lol :lol: don't you guys just hate those assignments where they tell you something like now class... I know that our IDE comes with a library that allows us a 1 line solution, but instead I'd like you to research the topic and write up a 2 page chunk of code that runs at 1/100 efficiency :lol: sorry.. but Paul Bian's comment just reminded me of all those times where kids used to spend days on base conversion programs in turing and then someone whould just whip out strint()+intstr() 2 line program that's the entire solution :lol: ----------------------------------- Paul Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:47 pm ----------------------------------- Ha, that time was a few months ago for me.