----------------------------------- Raknarg Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm [python] Something neat ----------------------------------- This didn't seem to fit anywhere in the python section, but apparently this is valid: True = False Now True will equate to False. ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:09 pm RE:[python] Something neat ----------------------------------- although [code] >>> True = False >>> print True False >>> print 1==1 True [/code] ----------------------------------- Raknarg Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm RE:[python] Something neat ----------------------------------- How strange. Any idea how this is? ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm RE:[python] Something neat ----------------------------------- there's a difference between "True" the variable and "True" the value. It kind of looks like there's a variable called True and it initially holds a value that has a string representation of "True". ----------------------------------- Raknarg Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:16 pm RE:[python] Something neat ----------------------------------- Right, I was thinking something along that, maybe it was a built in function that returns true ----------------------------------- Dreadnought Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:34 pm Re: [python] Something neat ----------------------------------- Right, I was thinking something along that, maybe it was a built in function that returns true Not a function, its an object of type bool.The object has a value of True in expressions but as Tony says it has a string representation (what you see when you print it) of 'True'. You can see this >>> int(True) 1 >>> type(True) >>> type(True.__repr__()) >>> True.__repr__() 'True' EDIT: Interesting note, True = False is illegal in python 3 (at least in my version). It seems that they are now keywords. ----------------------------------- Raknarg Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:43 pm RE:[python] Something neat ----------------------------------- Ah. Thanks for that.