----------------------------------- Coog03 Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:04 am Pong Game Help (collisions) ----------------------------------- I am trying to program a pong game in Turing. I have the paddel movement right, but I need some help with the collison detection. I'm trying to use a small square instead of a ball. With a ball it worked but now with the square it won't. Also I am looking for a good way to make the ball bouncing off the edges of the screen more real instead of the ball repeating the same path over and over. Thanks in Advance ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:23 am ----------------------------------- check out tutorial section for [tutorial] collision detection for some different ways of collision detection algorythms and [trig] so you're making a pool game for an example (well idea... needs some editing) on realistic bounce of objects on collision. ----------------------------------- Hurukan Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:30 pm ----------------------------------- Change the paddle bounces and make it so that theyre specific to separate parts of the paddle... so if you hit the top of the paddle the ball moves at an upward course.. its actually easy just fix your x,y increase values for the ball movement (ie. instead of reversing x movement add in increased y movement) this really helps with the gameplay.. or it did in my pong i just finished :) Btw.. why do you use a square? an oval is easier to write in, and looks better... also its easier to arrange the collision detection for it- i mean im working with a picture of a ball now and its a pain in my ass~~ anyways cyas ----------------------------------- Dan Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:54 pm add ----------------------------------- i whode just like to add that if the swat ftp site (ftp://swat@www.danco.no-ip.com) is wroking you can download some pong progames form that for exapmles.