----------------------------------- recneps Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:03 pm Idea to promote site features.... ----------------------------------- I have an idea to promote the site features, eg SEARCH (which no one uses) have a free bit link in some page, and on main page say "some of you may be interested in SWAT" and then make the people seach for swat (whatever it is, i dunno, just saw an old post) and then make them search for it, and they will be rewarded for learning to search rather than ask. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:31 pm ----------------------------------- not a bad idea, thing is that the people who don't search( the ones who just ask in the help forum soon as they join) probably won't even know two things a.) what bits are and what they do b.) that they can get bits for searching so there's two problems with the idea, anyone have an idea as how to solve them? :think: ----------------------------------- recneps Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:50 pm ----------------------------------- Thats true..... Maybe they could explain that on the main page too :D ----------------------------------- poly Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:35 pm ----------------------------------- or maybe send a email or PM to everyone, cause im gonna guess not a lot of people check out the mainpage, they go right to the forums? (well i do anyways) ----------------------------------- Tony Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:36 pm ----------------------------------- thats just too bad... there's a lot of cool stuff on the main page. Though if you read "news" and "featured news" forums you should be alright :think: ----------------------------------- recneps Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:38 pm ----------------------------------- Maybe! You could merge the pages :) put the big news things at the top of the forum index :D ----------------------------------- Cervantes Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:08 pm ----------------------------------- the people I mentioned above still wouldn't look in the news thread (most of them) before asking their questions. ----------------------------------- poly Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:42 pm ----------------------------------- I usually do go to the news page like once a week, cause its usually not updated everyday... hey who wants to see my funky mohawk ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:43 pm ----------------------------------- I say we do a weekly challenge, whichever 5 ppl who can find a hidden question and answer it in a PM wins like 50 bits each. ----------------------------------- Dan Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:27 pm ----------------------------------- I say we do a weekly challenge, whichever 5 ppl who can find a hidden question and answer it in a PM wins like 50 bits each. the problem with the hole hidden bits thing in the search is that it will make more poleop use it but not for finding help :roll: i think the best corse is to just keep on reminding poleop that they could have found this info in search when u help them. ----------------------------------- recneps Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:35 pm ----------------------------------- K, it was just an idea :) ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:56 pm ----------------------------------- Acually right now if you press the Search button: Parse error: parse error in /home2/compsci/public_html/v2/search.php on line 1337 comes up... anyway i use it EVERY TIME I VISIT COMPSCI>!!!!... its the best to find all your posts....(EGO SEARCH!!!) and then reply to the new ones.. Promote the Search and the Shop features would be good....i didn;t know about shop until i asked CjGauhan how the hell he had yellow name and i was of a higher rank...(at the time i though colors was rank)... ps. i like how you can sell colors and stuff GOOD JOB!!!