----------------------------------- recneps Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:50 pm How to get annoy friends. ----------------------------------- Step 1. for i : 1..100%Adjust this to how much you want to annoy them. bigger = %better Dir.Create("C:\\Windows\\desktop\\oops! dididothat"+(intstr (i))) put "Isnt my program great?" end for put "Oops! Did I do that?" Step 2. Compile, and send to friend. Step 3. Call them for their reaction :) ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:42 pm ----------------------------------- dude! stop making viruses!! viruses are BAD!! furthermore, why would you send viruses to your friends... if anyone it'd be ppl you hate! but thats besides the point! viruses are bad!!! don't make them!! ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:47 pm ----------------------------------- Why oh why do we need to hear more about creating directories , if your going to psot a tutorial at least make it complex , this should be in submissions if anything , add some stuff to it like how to trick omeone into accepting it , how to edit it , what the code means ,so people can understand it , Just a word of nonsense from shorthair , but heck mabye you might listen ----------------------------------- recneps Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:59 pm ----------------------------------- well, its not a virus. its a program that creates folders :) and you could just slip that code onto one of the buttons of your program :) ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:02 pm ----------------------------------- Its viral , it is intended for malicious use , if it halped you make a folder for say a part of your gae sor easy access o hte exe THEN YES , but dude your making loads of folders , its a vrus end of story ----------------------------------- recneps Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:12 pm ----------------------------------- i see virus as something that does something undiscovered for an amount of time. i mean cmon, you see folders popping up on your desktop after opening an exe you got from a friend. Its just harmless play :) ----------------------------------- Tony Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:13 pm ----------------------------------- by definition a virus destroys the host in order to replicate itself. Now depending on the purpose, virus may or may not mess up your system after sending itself out everywhere it can. If it has a malicious purpose, it just simply messes up the system cuz coder is just a messed up kid with issues who hates the world. A more justified type is a trojan (backdoor access) which doesn't neccessarly replicate and is most commonly used for data access and DOS attacks (as in case of MyDoom, though it was preprogrammed and I think it actually classifies as worm). Ether way, since not many people are familiar with ether computer terminology or Greek history (trojan horse). Point is - This is just a stupid program. It umm... creates folders :? Has no purpose to it. Even if the "purpose" is malicious, the program is not very good at it :lol: ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:13 pm ----------------------------------- mod wanna lock / move this? :? ----------------------------------- poly Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:00 pm ----------------------------------- heres an esay way to annoy friends... keep making programs that just make directories on someones pc ***this is meant to make fun of people who make such programs*** ----------------------------------- Cervantes Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:29 pm ----------------------------------- no!! no viruses / annoying programs that piss people off!! it serves no point!! stop making them!! or else I'll have to send you some of those :evil: ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:42 pm ----------------------------------- i thougth it was kind of funny, lol. i mean it dose teach poleop about making follders using truing's Dir comands. also this is not a tutorial, so i am moving it to S Code. ----------------------------------- Maverick Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:41 pm ----------------------------------- Isn't this VB section o.O ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:12 pm ----------------------------------- Well looks like Hacker dan has lost it , thinking that the VB tips section is the turing source section , are you sure that laser in your head didnt fully remove your brain :D ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:15 pm ----------------------------------- yeah, this is in the vb section and that is not vb, did dan move it tohere? ----------------------------------- Homer_simpson Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:33 pm ----------------------------------- moved.... :roll: ----------------------------------- recneps Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:19 pm ----------------------------------- It appears dan was rather tired that day he moved the post? lol, its ok dan, we still look up to you. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:32 pm ----------------------------------- i didnl;t know u could make dirs taht easily... thx for the info... But realy... stop making STupid/Anoying/virus programs... mind u its cuz Turing is EASIEST for making them...