----------------------------------- garywoot Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm Eclipse -- how to turn off method showing function? ----------------------------------- It seems like a trivial question, but I tried googling for the answer and can't find an answer anywhere.. probably because I don't know how to phrase my question. When you write a class (using Eclipse), and you make an instance object of that class in your main method class, how do you turn off the toolbar thing that pops up showing all of that object class's methods? It's freezes my computer for like 20 seconds and I can't believe I just dealt with this for 4 years because I don't know how to turn it off =(. It's seriously annoying considering my programming is taking twice as long as it should be taking. ----------------------------------- ProgrammingFun Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm RE:Eclipse -- how to turn off method showing function? ----------------------------------- http://stackoverflow.com/a/4906157 ----------------------------------- DemonWasp Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm RE:Eclipse -- how to turn off method showing function? ----------------------------------- If content assist is freezing your computer for any substantial length of time then you should probably consider an upgrade if at all possible. Even increasing the amount of RAM available to the system by a few gigabytes can fix the problem. ----------------------------------- garywoot Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 pm Re: RE:Eclipse -- how to turn off method showing function? ----------------------------------- If content assist is freezing your computer for any substantial length of time then you should probably consider an upgrade if at all possible. Even increasing the amount of RAM available to the system by a few gigabytes can fix the problem. No money to upgrade haha. my ram is definitely not the problem, i have 10gb of ram on windows 7. i think it's probably my hard drive, bought a really cheap one for $40 with like 200gb of space and it's nearly full. have no idea if that has to do with anything, but even my folders open so slowly. i might just get a new hard drive instead of buying a new computer. let me know if you know what the problem is (folders opening slowly being the main thing) http://stackoverflow.com/a/4906157Thank you! ----------------------------------- DemonWasp Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:49 pm RE:Eclipse -- how to turn off method showing function? ----------------------------------- Probably the low-performance hard drive. Get an SSD if you can afford it; if you can't then even a 2TB drive can be had for around $90 (including shipping). Edit: and the fact that the drive is full. If the drive is full then Windows can't defragment the drive, which seriously destroys performance.