----------------------------------- Killa Hilla Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:26 am Arrays ----------------------------------- I am new to Turing, What exactly is an Array, ive heard alot about em. Please provide an Example if you can, Thanks Killa ----------------------------------- CyCLoBoT Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:58 pm ----------------------------------- I'm not exactly sure how to define it but I can give u an example. var number : array 1..10 of int %Creates 10 number elements for i : 1..10 number(i) = i %Stores each number in the number element end for ----------------------------------- Tony Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:02 pm ----------------------------------- an array is a group of variables of same time. Such as instead of declearing name1, name2... name10, you can just declear var name:array 1..10 of string To access each element of the array, you use name(index) where index is the element. Such as 5th name is name(5) the biggest advantage of an array is ability to use a variable for its index, such as for i:1..10 put name(i) end for this forloop will go through every element in the array and output them on the screen.