----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:04 pm Don't you find it weird in Windows when... ----------------------------------- You move the cursor to the left edge of the screen and it doesn't go in the side, while when you move it to the other side, it does??? ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:07 pm ----------------------------------- o thats cuz the curser is just a picture, the real thing is the lil point and if u look close enough that lil point never goes off ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:10 pm ----------------------------------- ...when you go to task manager, theres a bunch of things running with weird names that you can't understand, and it doesn't provide you with what they do, so you can kill what you don't need? ----------------------------------- Andy Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:11 pm ----------------------------------- welll alot r used cuz the system need them... i tried that once and my comp shut down ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:54 pm ----------------------------------- in my taskmanager it doesn't say anything if im not running anything, but if i go to processes then there are a lot fothings.l ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:55 pm ----------------------------------- that is what I meant. You use win xp dont you? ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:58 pm ----------------------------------- xp home, nothing fancy like xp pro ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:01 pm ----------------------------------- I have xp pro, I was surprised when I heard ppl had to PAY for Windows and Office, I always got them free... ----------------------------------- Amailer Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:24 pm ----------------------------------- Windows home is useless! it's a friggen rip off, i used it on my friends computer...you cna't do anything at all. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:30 pm ----------------------------------- I've had WinXP Home and Professional, and I didn't see much difference so far. As for all those 'strange' things, that's nothing. In fact, they're quite normal. What's weird, is when (rare, but cool) the clock in the taskbar goes really really fast. Seriously, minutes go by like seconds, it's cool. ----------------------------------- Amailer Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:32 pm ----------------------------------- does that have anything to do with windows? what's weird is that windows even exists... ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:35 pm ----------------------------------- Mazer, what are you ON? ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:37 pm ----------------------------------- how the hell do you get windows free, that's freakin amazing. isn't your dad a programmer though so he probably gets it from them. i was gonna get pro, but id rather pay the 400/300/whatever dollars less to get home. ive used pro on my friends computer and i don't notcie a difference. the only difference i see is when the os is booting up the loadbar is green in home and blue in pro. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:39 pm ----------------------------------- does that have anything to do with windows? Well, out of every OS I've ever used, it's only happened on WinXP so... Mazer, what are you ON? My chair, man. What, you think I'm standing while I type this? I knew you'd probably think I was talking about an experience with hallucinogens, but that's just too bad you don't believe me. You don't know what you're missing out on. :wink: :arrow: :? :arrow: :?: OK, I guess it isn't really that impressive, but it's better than the whole cursor thing. ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:31 am ----------------------------------- lol the clock thing is a lot better than the cursor or processor or getting windows for free stuff jonos man you're kidding me that you haven't heard of software piracy ... the hell do you thing ms puts that "DO NOT MAKE ILLEGAL COPIES OF THIS DISC" on all their shits however to end this discussion... linux > windows. ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:52 pm ----------------------------------- Found another weird thing, I use windows XP pro. In internet explorer, if you press the down arrow key, the page scrolls down, if you mouse over the buttons on top, the navigation ones, they'll get selected with an button animation. However, if you mouseover a button and hold down the down arrow to scroll, when you move your mouse, the button selection animation gets stuck on the previous button. :lol: ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:40 pm ----------------------------------- ooh thistopic was made for me. :) WIN 98 -how when you go into standby you can never get out of it unless by hitting the reset button (not common, though I had a huge problem with this and the next one a lil while ago) -how when you go to shut down, it sits there at the screen saying "Windows is shutting down". (ooooh that bugs me) You then have to flip the switch at the back of your comp. - how when it goes into the menu for Safe mode, normal mode, etc. as soon as you hit a button the timer disappears but a number does not appear, and you are stuck there while it does nothing until you hit the reset button. no ctrl alt del *2 does nothing. I'll post more windows frustrations later :evil: ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:46 pm ----------------------------------- When you scroll, animated GIFs don't move. ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:05 pm ----------------------------------- When you scroll, animated GIFs don't move. they do for me :roll: ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:09 pm ----------------------------------- Really? when I scroll continously, like using the scroll button on the mouse or keypad, without stopping, slow or fast, as long as the screen is in constant motion, the animated gifs doesn't move. ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:47 pm ----------------------------------- well i am using mozilla i will have to check if it is same for IE