----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:45 am opening a port on router ----------------------------------- im trying to connect to a newsgroup through port 119 and i have been referred to this spam board for help by shorthair. i need to open up port 119 on my router, how would i do that, thanks. ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:47 am ----------------------------------- UDP port or TCP, when I configure my router there are two kinds. What kind of router do you have? I have SMC barricade, I just go configure it by typing in its address: 192.168.2.1. You might have something like that, if you want to do it simply, just set up a DMZ. ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:51 am ----------------------------------- i have a crappy dlink, can yo uexplain that a little more, cause im noob at this thanks. ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:54 am ----------------------------------- Well you should have a manual or CD that comes with the router, you can configure it with the CD software, but if you don't have that, like I don't, see the manual. if you have the ip address of the router like I do, you can just type that in ur URL bar, and configure the router there. If you don't have the IP address, Im sure one of these people here can tell you how to find out, maybe a trace or something, I have no idea. If it still doesnt work, I suggest you go to online tech support from the routers company. They usually respond in 24 hours, what kind of router do you use anyway? ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:57 am ----------------------------------- i use dlink, i will try right now, thanks for the hlep ----------------------------------- Paul Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:58 am ----------------------------------- k I got to go to sleep now, but if you do get to the configuring part, the easiest way to free ur computer is to set up a DMZ, demilitarized zone. ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:41 am ----------------------------------- i think i got it working, thanks