----------------------------------- btiffin Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:04 pm Four of my favourite lines of Vimscript ----------------------------------- [code] " Mucking with no cursor movement on escape from insert mode let CursorColumnI = 0 "the cursor column position in INSERT augroup inserttweak autocmd! autocmd InsertEnter * let CursorColumnI = col('.') autocmd CursorMovedI * let CursorColumnI = col('.') autocmd InsertLeave * if col('.') != CursorColumnI | call cursor(0, col('.')+1) | endif augroup END [/code] Ok, four lines plus three lines of grouping and a comment. Makes toggling insert mode in Vim a lot easier on the brain and fingers. Placed in ~/.vimrc Cheers ----------------------------------- jackie15 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:23 am RE:Four of my favourite lines of Vimscript ----------------------------------- thanks for sharing...! ----------------------------------- BigBear Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 am RE:Four of my favourite lines of Vimscript ----------------------------------- What does it do? Allows you to toggle insert mode with '.'? ----------------------------------- btiffin Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:08 pm RE:Four of my favourite lines of Vimscript ----------------------------------- BigBear; Normally vim backspaces when escaping out of insert mode. It gets rid of an end-of-line off by one error that scripts might bump into. But it kinda blows getting used to. This slows the editor down, but leaves the cursor position alone when you leave insert mode. Umm, which in itself can kinda blow if your fingers have gotten used to normal back positioning behaviour. ----------------------------------- kashu123 Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:02 am RE:Four of my favourite lines of Vimscript ----------------------------------- I am waiting you give me a more interested information. ----------------------------------- btiffin Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:24 pm RE:Four of my favourite lines of Vimscript ----------------------------------- kashu123; But, but; unlike the Dos Equis guy, I'm the most Uninteresting Nerd in the World. :-) Cheers