----------------------------------- recneps Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:55 pm [FP]Spencer's Games - Edit - Source Code too. ----------------------------------- I was gonna make a racing game for this, but it turned out too complicated considering i dont know the key concepts i borrowed :) So anyway, this is 100% my own code :D Grade:10 Level:Total beginner :D Enjoy. P.S. You like my logo, DONT YOU! P.P.S. Source Code available upon request :) Edit: Forgot poll! :D New Edit, I was asked for source code, so here it is, just the .t file, if you want logo and music, dload compiled. ;) ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:59 pm ----------------------------------- You need to make a poll , no one can vote how good it is without the poll dude, but i give it GOOD :D ----------------------------------- recneps Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:01 pm ----------------------------------- I added the poll, and you posted after it was added :P ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:03 pm ----------------------------------- Well We al lknow who voted it amazing now dont we , :D :D , GOOD JOB , love the music , and the good use of menu's , Logo Rocks , and thanks for fixing the pong game ,frm being so slow before ----------------------------------- Cervantes Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:24 pm ----------------------------------- fixing pong game? I JUST downloaded it and it is really slow (the paddles, not the ball). really good job though!! I like the menu especially. what GR are you in? ----------------------------------- recneps Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:44 pm ----------------------------------- it says up there -- grade 10, and the paddle moving slow, sry, but you gotta understand, it was made on my comp (celeron 633mhz and 64 mb ram) so it moves fine for me :\ ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:01 pm ----------------------------------- my comp is 1.6 ghz 512 mb ram.... :lol: ----------------------------------- shorthair Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:04 pm ----------------------------------- i dont wanna make everyone feel bad so we will leave my computer i got for christmas outta this , the actually matter is who gave it sux , i hate when peopel do that and dont leave feedback ( see my FP for hte full flame ) ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:05 pm ----------------------------------- I have an 5 year old pentium 2, with 200 and something ram, though everthing except the processor is different from 5 years ago, upgraded with bits here and there. The paddel moves fine for me, great game. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm ----------------------------------- I gave you average because i like the menu and the interface and the look of it all, but there are things to be done (namely AI). ----------------------------------- recneps Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:16 pm ----------------------------------- Whoever said sux... thats just harsh. Sorry for not being able to make the worlds best program, being taught Turing for only one Semester. Geez. ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:49 pm ----------------------------------- I dunno how semesters work, going to WCI. So you only learn turing for half the school year? ----------------------------------- recneps Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:55 pm ----------------------------------- A non semestered school: 8 subjects, 30 mins (approx) per class. exams all at once at end of year. Semestered: 4 Subjects for half of school year (exams end of jan.) and 60 mins(approx) class. Repeat for other half. So right now, at my school, semester 2 just started. So no more comp sci, art, etc of the 4 classes i had forst semester... now i get english, math, etc for the rest of the year. Bottom line: makes it easier for kids at exam time :) (and we get a week off inbetween :D) ----------------------------------- jonos Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:05 pm ----------------------------------- that's really well done, but I had no one to play with so i was trying to play pong against myself which is pretty hard... anyways, since we are all showing off our computers: 2.6 ghz cpu, 1 gig of ram, and other expensive stuff which i have to pay my parents back for (damn), oh ya, and it worked fine and fast and stuff :D ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:13 pm ----------------------------------- Actually Non-semestered: 8 classes, approx 55 min. ----------------------------------- shorthair Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:22 pm ----------------------------------- we have semestered , 4 classed , 70 minutes each , 3 lunches , 40 minutes each , start at 8:00 end at 2:00 ----------------------------------- beamer Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:26 am ----------------------------------- I got a runtime error for it and i can't seem to get it to work so I gave it a needs improvement. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:34 am ----------------------------------- we have semestered , 4 classed , 70 minutes each , 3 lunches , 40 minutes each , start at 8:00 end at 2:00 what the %#$%#$!!!!!!!! 3 lunches of 40 mins each?!!?!?!??!?! I've got 4 classes of 70 mins with ONE lunch that is as long as the other periods. We start at 8:10 and end at 2:40. so that means you are at school 30 mins less and yet have an extra 45 minutes of lunch... something's wrong.... also I thought non-semestered schools had classes like semestered schools (in terms of length) but they had alternating days. like they would have Math english gym and music on monday then on tuesday they'd have history geography science and civics. then on wednesday they'd go back to what they had on monday.... :think: ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:40 am ----------------------------------- no you special special person , we have 3 lunches , meaning you get 1 , there are 3 different lunches you can have , we have double the students we are meant to so they have to seperate the lunches , but everyone goes out anyway ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:00 am ----------------------------------- ooooooooooooo okay that makes sense now :P I would have had to kill you if you got 3 lunches :lol: :D :) :? :x :evil: :twisted: sorry those smilies got progressively worse :think: ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:20 am ----------------------------------- we used to have 2 different lunches, on for juniour, one for senior, but they changed it so we have one, and the cafeteria is like a battle ground for a seat cause it's like the size of 2 classrooms. anyways... ----------------------------------- recneps Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:20 pm ----------------------------------- what happened when you got the runtime error? ----------------------------------- Cervantes Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:32 pm ----------------------------------- haha our caf is about the size of our big gym (and we have 2 gyms :) ) ----------------------------------- Martin Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:19 pm ----------------------------------- Very good job. I like that you don't have to re-run the program to play different games. GUI on the main screen is nice, it would be a nice improvement to add GUI to the other game menus, but that's alright. ----------------------------------- recneps Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:37 pm ----------------------------------- Thanks! :D, and i think the runtime error was during pong or highlow when you entered a number other than int? ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:46 pm ----------------------------------- if it is if you enter a real number during the high low prog, its not hard to error proof that. it would look like this locate (bla, bla) put "Enter your number" loop get (varname) exit when (varname) (blah blah blah) locate (bla, bla)