----------------------------------- packocrayons Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:59 am Showing damage to a block. ----------------------------------- I'm making a top-down minecraft style game and I've got the damage to the blocks working and destroying them and all that, the only real thing I don't know how to do is displaying in some way how much damage was done to the block. I don't even know how the system should work, using health bars, numbers moving off the screen, or just not display it at all (which could draw some "Which block am I hitting?") If any of you have played minicraft, I like that system, it looks really nice, but don't know how it was done. ----------------------------------- mirhagk Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:05 pm RE:Showing damage to a block. ----------------------------------- Minecraft's system essentially has a couple of images of cracks that they draw over the block as you hit it more and more. You can do basically the exact same thing, just draw a picture of a crack over top of the block, and the users will see the block cracking as they hit it.