----------------------------------- jonos Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:17 pm Jonos Coordinates Paint ----------------------------------- well, i thought of this and realized that it would be one of the easiest things I would ever do in Turing, so I decided to do it. It took me not around 2 hours (in little pieces). You need to have basic knowledge of turing draw commands cause you type in the coordinates. since i recently lost interest, if you choose to create something, you must create it, but you can get by that by just making it off screen (i think, i haven't tried it). you can make stars, mapleleafs, ovals, rectangles, and lines, though only the outlines. maybe i will do fill sometime. it uses a grid (which appears in the pic if you save the picture (don't know how to get rid of that)). since i didn't want to spend the time labelling the grid lines, here is the explanation: the line closest to the edge of the run window on the left and on the bottom are the 0 lines, while you get farther away it increments by 1. the most lines for both x and y are 20, so if you go past that thinking you are being clever and will post about my lack of validation, then I will laugh at you. enough explanation, the program: ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:46 pm ----------------------------------- I really like the color scheme and design of the menu ----------------------------------- jonos Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:53 pm ----------------------------------- dude, thanks. i forgot to say that there is only 1 color to draw in (black), maybe i will change that sometime. ----------------------------------- Paul Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:01 am ----------------------------------- Hey, it fits with the menu, I might use it to test my drawing buttons and stuff, cause I can find ez coordinates from ur program, without having to look through my code and stuff. ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:08 am ----------------------------------- Rockin Job Johnos , i really like it ,il give you bits in a while , just gotta finish somthing up , make up a good amount of bits i should give you ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:28 pm ----------------------------------- maybe... uh, around 100 cause this took me more than uh, 100 minutes. maybe more if you like it a lot. ----------------------------------- Delta Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:39 pm ----------------------------------- ok.... ummm... your program is pretty kewl... cept nothing really works properly... :? like if I draw a line then it spreads it out like a biznitch... but if I draw a star then boom its all in one little spot... like... ya... i dunno... but I do like your colour scheme ;) and once you get the bugs out and work a little more on it... I think it'll be pretty useful :) .... wow if I could get 100 bits for every 100 minutes I spent on my programs ... I'd be rich ;) ----------------------------------- Delta Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:44 pm ----------------------------------- ok my bad... lol.... I guess your program doesn't screw up as much as I figured... but something goes wrong everyonce and a while.... not sure... oh... and only have it so the user can type in numbers .... no spaces or anything otherwise the whole input thing is screw :S ... or just make gui text fields... that'd make sure nothing really screwed up to get info from the textfield I think you use put GUI.GetText (GUINAME) ya... I think :S... well good luck :) ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:06 pm ----------------------------------- too much work, but maybe id do it if people gave me some initiative....sorry, im a bit whore. i lost interest in it the second before i completed it... sorry ----------------------------------- shorthair Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:11 pm ----------------------------------- joined 4 days ago dude :D I know you like bits but you already bouth a shadow , you stil have 116 bits , and all in only 4 days , took me 3 weeks to start my collection , then i got lucky on one of my programs , Bits arent as easy to come by as people think Bits = 116 Posts = 152 And People say i stalk the forums , Sorry if it was Harsh Jonos , Your an awsome guy and we have good fun in Spam , Just letting ya know the cold truth :D :D ----------------------------------- jonos Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:32 pm ----------------------------------- it's only cause i joined on exam breaks and i have nothing to do, and no initiative to do anything else other than practice my typing skills. and some of you will be happy to know (cause you don't like me :( ) that will school coming up and my job, i will not be posting a lot, i guess i am just making up for the later times when i can only read posts and not write them. 8) 8) ----------------------------------- Paul Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:01 pm ----------------------------------- Its true, now that we don't get bits anymore for general discussion, I must tighten my belt.