----------------------------------- Paul Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:15 pm That thing on the left when you post ----------------------------------- That thing that indicates wheather you are: novice, newbe programmer, programmer, is that determined by the number of posts you do? ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:20 pm ----------------------------------- yes, go to the FAQ then scroll down till you see the ranks part (not far down) ----------------------------------- shorthair Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:27 pm ----------------------------------- Rank Minimum # of posts Rank Image Newbe 0 Novice 6 NewBe Programmer 15 Programmer 35 NewBe Hacker 128 Hacker 256 Kick Ass Hacker 512 NewBe God 768 Programming God 1024 L33T Programer 1536 Tony's Clone 2048 CompSci God 3072 ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:06 pm ----------------------------------- L33T Programer 1536 why isn't the post requirement for that 1337? 1536 seems....not l337ish? ----------------------------------- Dan Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:38 pm ----------------------------------- look at the numbers 1337 whould not fit in as a posable combation. 128 + 128 = 256 256 + 256 = 512 256 + 512 = 768 768 + 768 = 1536 ----------------------------------- Paul Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:50 pm ----------------------------------- "possible --> posable"? ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:50 am ----------------------------------- paulibian , i hate to flame at all , but there is no need to correct peoples spelling , only dan needs correcting , and those corrections should be put in mazers thread :D ----------------------------------- Mazer Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:51 am ----------------------------------- Yes. See signature for details. \/ EDIT: I don't think he was trying to correct Dan, I think it was an honest question. He could use my dictionary but that would really be way too much trouble because it only converts from English to Dan, and not the other way around. (Not because I'm lazy, but rather because once this is finished, everyone will be living under Dan's rule, typing all messages in Dan-speak) ----------------------------------- naoki Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:18 am ----------------------------------- could azn_s's cheat about getting bits without actually "posting" work the same way that i could boost up my post count and jump up? ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:53 pm ----------------------------------- the post count system is more scuere then the bits. it whould be very hard to fake your post count with out geting in to the db. we are working on the bits isusse, i have fixed the bits for editing bug. ----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:32 pm ----------------------------------- shorthair has reache kick ass hacker in a matter of a month thats a lkot of posts. ----------------------------------- shorthair Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:08 pm ----------------------------------- Go and check my post history , ive only ever made like 4 edits i think, the only time i got free posts was when tony had his the person above me , and maverick you got your share of posts nad bits off it 2 ----------------------------------- AsianSensation Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:01 pm ----------------------------------- could azn_s's cheat about getting bits without actually "posting" work the same way that i could boost up my post count and jump up? no, doesnt work, when I tried that thing, I noticed that as soon as you delete a post, your post total subtracts. ----------------------------------- Dan Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:20 pm ----------------------------------- Go and check my post history , ive only ever made like 4 edits i think, the only time i got free posts was when tony had his the person above me , and maverick you got your share of posts nad bits off it 2 posts in spam dount get counted towaredes ur post count or bits ----------------------------------- naoki Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:46 pm ----------------------------------- dammit no wonder eh? i prolly would've reached kick ass hacker by now (prolly a long time ago) if i'd stopped posting in spam and harassed the crap out of people in turing ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:29 pm ----------------------------------- Thats weird, I have 100 bits, when i post, I don't get anymore, does the pocketsize have anything to do with a person's rank? ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:07 pm ----------------------------------- In General discussion and spam you dont get bits for posting anymore. ----------------------------------- Paul Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:18 pm ----------------------------------- This does have something to do with the topic though. And it is a sincere question. ----------------------------------- Maverick Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:22 pm ----------------------------------- And the bar on left is your position like kick ass hacker is about half full, comp sci god is full, newbe is empty and so on. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:50 pm ----------------------------------- hahahah i did that Trick of Editing a post 50 times then deleting it to get all the bits back that i lost from Selling Color effects (before Sell acually worked) so yea... then CjGauhan told on me to Hacker Dan and you cant no more.... i just was pissed at loosing bits... ----------------------------------- Maverick Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:41 pm ----------------------------------- Hahah ya that got me a little peeved too :D ----------------------------------- Andy Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:36 am ----------------------------------- the more posts u have, the higher rank u are