----------------------------------- gbudwal Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:47 pm Comp Sci Exam tomororow [Written] Please advise ----------------------------------- was wondering what i need to learn im not too good at programming but i try i unserstand arrays, if/elseif, looping locates and colors basic knowledge i know how to convert binary and so on but in class we had like 6 different modules third module was looping i think the fourth module was structuring and so on my msn is gbudwal@hotmail.com please do adivse here to anyone who can help will get a reward {leech 100mbit 500 gb hd} dunno if i was alloud to say that but bribary is a good thing ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:56 pm ----------------------------------- your comment was fine , as long as that leech is from your own computer and its your own source code , wit hno one elses files on it :wink: ----------------------------------- gbudwal Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:04 pm ----------------------------------- so can u help me out bro what else do i need to know cus im really scared of flunking this exam ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:13 pm ----------------------------------- What grade ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:16 pm ----------------------------------- if 10 then DanShadow hmm...easy hints of things on tests: - finding errors in programs NOT on computers - the use of arrays - functions, procedures, process' - probably making certain programs using previously learned aspects - string manipulation (ord, word(3), etc.) - datafiles, saving and loading data - encryption - mouse work (mousewhere(x,y,b), etc.) - keyboard work (get,getch,hasch,input buffer,etc.) ----------------------------------- gbudwal Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:32 pm ----------------------------------- grade 11 ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:38 pm ----------------------------------- okay all the grade 10 stuff and , 2d arrays , functions procedures , ord , strint , intstr , length , read / write , txt and boolean write difference , harder problems to fix ----------------------------------- gbudwal Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:42 pm ----------------------------------- got ya and umm i cant really see tutorials for all that stuff through comp sci, can I? ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:48 pm ----------------------------------- mostly you can ----------------------------------- RoNiN Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:10 pm ----------------------------------- The Grade 11 comp science exam at my school is a bird... -Multiple choice -Line Diagrams and Circuit Diagrams, bug fixes -Write a few programs Done :) It's best not to worry about it, just study whats on your review if your teacher gave you one... If you know most of the important stuff in the course you'll do fine. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:18 pm ----------------------------------- i don't even think there is one for my school, it's just a final test and program ----------------------------------- Namis Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:58 am ----------------------------------- heh, im bored as hell and checking these boards out, i had my exam yesterday.. It was just making 5 programs, which i think was alittle too much, 5programs in 1.5hours.. anyway it was like " Make a program that does this, this, and this, and corrects the answers if user imput is wrong " had no multiple choice, no fixing errors, just make shit programs. ----------------------------------- Cervantes Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:08 am ----------------------------------- ouch.. my last exam had a lot of fixing problems, fair amount of multiple choice and only 1 program to write something... :) ----------------------------------- we64 Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:46 pm ----------------------------------- My school grade 10 exam is the easiest, 60 Multiple choice, 1 fixing program and write 1 program. ----------------------------------- sport Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:54 pm ----------------------------------- Index should be there ----------------------------------- naoki Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:09 pm ----------------------------------- prolly stuff like index, arrays, different types of sorting. last year's exam involved stuff like converting numbers to different bases, dunno if that was mandatory to learn. just don't lose your head, since everything can be done by using some logic and sorting out what you want to do