----------------------------------- Dan Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:23 pm New Bit Rules ----------------------------------- due to alot of "wired" things haping with bits lattly, i have and still am rewirting the bits system for this site. now you can not get bits for posting in general discussion and spam (you should have not been able to get any there b4 but there was a bug) also i am fixing or have fixed alot of bugs that alowed for free bits ----------------------------------- Andy Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:57 pm ----------------------------------- what??? thats not fair man... now both of my worlds turned communist ----------------------------------- Cervantes Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:02 pm ----------------------------------- blast. I enjoyed spammage for bits :P ----------------------------------- Amailer Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- err dodje i think this is temp -.- for GD (i think.. hmm) ----------------------------------- PaddyLong Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:50 am ----------------------------------- if they turned true communist they'd collect up all the bits and distribute them evenly to everyone.... of course what always happens with communism is someone in the position of power gets corrupted and I'm sure we can all figure out the rest of the story... ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:52 pm ----------------------------------- Id like that. More 4 me! ----------------------------------- naoki Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:29 pm ----------------------------------- hmph, so you're right. no more bits in GD looks like the fun's over folks. now go to spam for some more humorous topics (angst anyone?) ----------------------------------- McKenzie Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:41 pm ----------------------------------- It would be neet to see an actual character count. The true bit-spammers always post these one sentence (if) replys to everything. I'm not sure if they are spamming, or feel that it's like msn and if they don't post something other people will become offended. ----------------------------------- Dan Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:44 pm ----------------------------------- hummm, intresting idea. i will look in to that if i ever get time, lots of stuff to do with exames and all for me this week. ----------------------------------- shorthair Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:46 pm ----------------------------------- like " Good App , keep up the good work " < === that kind of a post ----------------------------------- naoki Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:29 am ----------------------------------- i agree ----------------------------------- JayLo Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:16 pm ----------------------------------- fo sho. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:44 pm ----------------------------------- lol, tru :P ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:45 pm ----------------------------------- i feel left out :lol: ----------------------------------- santabruzer Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:46 pm ----------------------------------- how ironic.. the spamming messages :P... ah the communist world is overtaking.. that is always good, fellow comrades... :twisted: ----------------------------------- shorthair Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:32 pm ----------------------------------- Anyone ever wonder if the secret bits are back yet , like you know how there was seasonal bits , iwonder if there s a new hideout for tem , START CLICKIN ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:53 pm ----------------------------------- yea making no bits for GD is smart as the most number of posts is in this category (i think) i didn;t relaize taht until u mentioned it..... also.... changing the bit system so when you Edit a post, you dont get 2 bits is good because its a VERY ez way to get bits.... Until CjGauhan told Hacker dan........ the bits for some of the higher up are crazy....WHo has most bits on COMPSCI who is no MOD or ADMIN>>>??? good idea...> a little to get back the bits i lost from Selling colors...until that was Fixed YAY!!!! ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:30 pm ----------------------------------- I wuld say the person with the most bits is EASILY shorthair. He has mmore then any mod. Now that darness doesnt have 100000000 ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:33 pm ----------------------------------- You're easily mistaken, Maverick. Currently, bugzpodder has the most bits with 3201. ----------------------------------- Maverick Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:47 pm ----------------------------------- Hahha you have easily owned me. I didnt really look, it just seemed shorthair wuld take the prize, guess not. ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:54 pm ----------------------------------- LOL, YEAH ----------------------------------- shorthair Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:55 pm ----------------------------------- if my other 200 bits wernt jakked , id be in first but no sweat , i still got at least 50 years in me , to get it back ----------------------------------- Andy Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- ya but see bugz doesnt spam like u do... ----------------------------------- jonos Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:08 pm ----------------------------------- you people just wait, i will overtake you all in a matter of years/months/weeks, it doesn't matter. just wait for it. ----------------------------------- Mazer Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:10 pm ----------------------------------- OK, jonos, I'll wait. But I'm telling you now, it had better be worth it. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:10 pm ----------------------------------- ...yea i wish i had just 1800 more for a Compsci.ca email.... and here ...some people have over 1000+..... this is a time oriented issue.... save up for a long time.... envolve yourself in posts... and get those stupid weekly quizs right (rarely do) and msot of all do tutorials.,... since u might get 10-50 bits EDIT: this is post 128 for me... so i a newbe hacker..YAY!!! ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:28 pm !! ----------------------------------- hey dont forgot if shothair sold the color effects he could add 300+ bits!!!!!! like me.... i got 475 in my Colors... Saved up for email... and bugz has no color effects... therefore.... shorthair Has THE MOST!! (if he sells color effects)!!!! GJ SHORTHAIR!! ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:49 pm ----------------------------------- ya then look at bugz's pro l33t rank and short hair's lame cteam rank ----------------------------------- naoki Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:37 pm ----------------------------------- dodge is laying down the pain train baby. all aboard! chugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachuga ....... anyways, i'm sure some of the old mods had quite a few bits that they earned through helpful posting and programs before the bit cap took place. Mazer had a freakishly large amount before because he had GOOD (blasphemy!!!) programs. ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:49 pm ----------------------------------- ya then look at bugz's pro l33t rank and short hair's lame cteam rank Hey we dont talk about your whatdotcolour rank deal(in public) ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:42 pm ----------------------------------- Mazer had a freakishly large amount before because he had GOOD (blasphemy!!!) programs. Eh? I don't get it. :? ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:10 pm ----------------------------------- ya then look at bugz's pro l33t rank and short hair's lame cteam rank Hey we dont talk about your whatdotcolour rank deal(in public) wtf??? you guys dare insult my whatdotcolor skilz? your going down, all of you ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:25 pm ----------------------------------- Well I was joking, because frankily i dont know what whatdotcolour is ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:26 pm ----------------------------------- maverick, go shoot urself :guns: ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:28 pm ----------------------------------- Well i was thinking about it but i dont have a gun :(. But seriously what is it? ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:29 pm ----------------------------------- its a turing fuction... whatdotcolor(x,y) returns the color at location x,y on the output screen ----------------------------------- shorthair Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:30 pm ----------------------------------- The most basic collision detection , also good for finding if things have changed , but dodge could probably write you a page all about it ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:30 pm ----------------------------------- Its the not so secret command that supplies Dodge with all his power. But people shouldn't make fun of him, just cause he lost his bit powers. Whatdotcolor rules! :lol: ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- o its coming back today or tomorrow ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- Dodge u lost ur bit powers? So what can u do now? ----------------------------------- Andy Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:31 pm ----------------------------------- i can still moderate GD and SPAM and make others spam mod ----------------------------------- shorthair Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:32 pm ----------------------------------- UMMMM well he cant give away retarded amounts of bits to random people ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:38 pm ----------------------------------- YAY! The givebitstododgetomahawk foundation is back! Dodge, I have 2 bits right now. Let me know if you want to subtract them from me and then I'll donate them to somebody. It'll be just like having the actual powers! ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:44 pm ----------------------------------- BURN!!!!!!!! yea..... good thing all bits were limited... it was getting insane.... tell me this tho... if you look at member list, sort by bits... lowest first... how can someone have -100 000 bits???? did he piss Hacker dan off REALY bad or something??? and if that the case... why dont someone remove his account ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:45 pm ----------------------------------- Cause it makes compsci look better and bigger with more members. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:55 pm ----------------------------------- Or it's probably too time consuming to have to go and delete accounts like that. If you notice, I'm sure that over half the accounts on the site haven't been active for several months at least. Would you like to be the one to look through all those pages deleting them all? Probably not. And it's not as though they're using up gigs of space or anything. ----------------------------------- we64 Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:14 pm ----------------------------------- I just give up on bits, since I lost 150 bits for no reason :( ----------------------------------- Maverick Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:17 pm ----------------------------------- wooo DIRK. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:28 pm ----------------------------------- we64.... have you ever thought taht the reason 150 bits are gone... is because you SOLD them for those color effects.... they call it a shop for a reason... its to BUY! effects... 66 posts is roughly 150 bits... at 2 bits per post + some from editing before bit policy changed... i guess thats true mazer... bigger and better 1100 users now... 30000 posts... anyway.. we wouldn't jave celebrated the 1000 members deal for a while now if Hacker Dan always went tru them ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:21 pm ----------------------------------- anyway.. we wouldn't jave celebrated the 1000 members deal for a while now if Hacker Dan always went tru them But, if he did, whenever we celebrate it, it will be a true celebration, and it will be worth more, if there were 1000 active members. Woot! only 2000 bits to go until email, though Im still wondering wheather to save up for email, or hosting... ----------------------------------- jonos Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:20 am ----------------------------------- who cares about member counts, 1000 is just as special as 23 or 57 or any other number. ----------------------------------- Mazer Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:33 am ----------------------------------- who cares about member counts, 1000 is just as special as 23 or 57 or any other number. 57 heck yeah! WOOT. (I agree) ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:27 pm ----------------------------------- yea paul u got a way to go too... i was wondering about hosting,... or email... but i got free emails at shaw.ca with 10Mb email and fast download... so yea... hosting is way to go... Also since i got some bits from Error reporting.. (plus bunch in my colors) i got like 900... so like 1500 to go... Also... celebrating 1000 Active members would be nice...