----------------------------------- linuxp Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 pm Anyone has idea about IOI? ----------------------------------- I?m really interested in IOI competition. I know that :canada: team members will be selected in top CCC winners So how can I be the top CCC winner? Any good training suggests. BTW: I'm working on USACO Training, and now in Chapter 2.1. should I finish all 6 chapters before CCC2013 or 4 Chapters are enough. Those problems are so difficult. difficult level > ASIAN XD ----------------------------------- crossley7 Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:15 pm RE:Anyone has idea about IOI? ----------------------------------- I haven't done any USACO problems or really all that many contest problems, but what you want to do is make sure you are familiar with graph search, dp, recursion and other types of problems similar to that. USACO from what I have heard would be a good training resource as would past CCC problems. Now after having been at CCC this year, you will need to be working your ass off most of the year if you want a chance to come top 4. The most important thing is being able to recognize good, efficient algorithms quickly with minimal debugging once it is coded ----------------------------------- A.J Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:03 pm RE:Anyone has idea about IOI? ----------------------------------- I don't really talking about olympiads and CCC (mostly cause I didn't make any of them :( ), but based on what I've seen I think that experience (like crossley7 mentioned) is very important. There are a countless number of online judges out there that you can use to put your skills to test (like SPOJ). ----------------------------------- d310 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am Re: Anyone has idea about IOI? ----------------------------------- Going back on the topic of USACO, it is worthwhile to try the monthly USACO contests. Being able to work within the time given is also important, and USACO contests will offer material similar to what is covered in the USACO training pages (until Gold :lol:). It might be worth your while to read some algorithm books (such as Sedgewick). Since you have only a year, it may be a good idea to learn to code efficiently in either C++, C, or Pascal, if you aren't already coding in one of these languages. But as everybody has said: Practice, practice, practice, practice. ----------------------------------- crossley7 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 pm RE:Anyone has idea about IOI? ----------------------------------- Just to enforce the fact about the languages, all but 1 person wrote it in C++ this year so being familiar with that will be very helpful.