----------------------------------- the_short1 Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:36 pm Cool Ways To Clear Your Screen: (REVAMPED!) +2 More August13 ----------------------------------- Please Post Your Cool Ways To Clear Screen..or any cool little visual u make that u want to share :).. or Pm me them and i will ad to this post.. (with ur name of course) August 13th! Disco squares... and clear screen dot by dot.. http://www.compsci.ca/v2/download.php?id=1978 < dot by dot http://www.compsci.ca/v2/download.php?id=1979 < disco NEW ONE! July 8th, Tunel Vision! (on Nest Post) EDIT: Here i have a warning message for you, i took it from my PacMan game http://www.members.shaw.ca/rfolz/psw.jpg EDIT: whenever i say in title + more on certain date... that means i put one here (this post).... other ppl's posts wont show up here so u should check this forum all the time for updates.. ;) EDIT: u can onmly have a max of 10 attahcments per post... so check for my next post on this page for more files.. NOTE: new one .... Rainbox clear... its on my next post ... stupid ten attachments per page... :( ----------------------------------- Maverick Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:56 pm ----------------------------------- Jeez, try and give me a seizure why dont you. ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:03 pm ----------------------------------- yes... Asian has his new way.... already locked one of my Topics... PLease dont get this one locked..... Anyone else got any cool colored ways to clear screen???? did this program make anyones screen jerk and shake.??? mine did like crazy i was scared mine would go POOF!.. here are more visuals / clear screens more files since the first post cant have more then 10 files 1+ on July 8th!... Tunel Vision! hey all.... another one added today... figured since its been a month... mine as well.. ..... plus someone gave me a cool idea... ;) Rainbow Clear....!!!! Added April 28th 2 winamp visuals! added june 12th! ----------------------------------- Delta Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:36 pm ----------------------------------- Wow dude lol that sux lol .... its so0 flickery lol ... you should try doing something with View.Update... to get rid of the flickering... maybe then it'll be kewler... is there really a reason to have this thread not locked tho? but sure... here View.Set ("graphics:400;300,nocursor,noecho") drawfillbox (0, 0, maxx, maxy, 16) var x, y : int := 4 var dir : int := 4 for i : 1 .. 100 for j : 1 .. 74 drawfilloval (x, y, 6, 6, 0) y := y + dir end for delay (10) dir := -dir x := x + 4 end for P.S. - Just clear the screen..... cls .... its faster ;)[/code] ----------------------------------- the_short1 Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:10 pm ----------------------------------- The whole purpose of this is to find cool ways to clear the screen.... so as not to use CLS ----------------------------------- Delta Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:41 pm ----------------------------------- well ya I kinda figured that... hence why I posted the code... and clearing the screen like that is really just a waste of time unless its a game or something... otherwise it makes your program look unprofessional ----------------------------------- jonos Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:44 pm ----------------------------------- i thought that it looked professional, but it depends on what kind of program you are making, if your making a kid's game, then they will like that "oooh, the colours mommy", but if your making an accounting program for old men who just want to play golf or poker instead of working, then that would not be a wise thing to do. ----------------------------------- GUI.GetScrollBarWidth : i Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:11 pm ----------------------------------- i'm gonna use this in a school project to see wat the teacher does, tah's gonna be funny. btw nice code ----------------------------------- the_short1 Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:16 pm ----------------------------------- ty... just dont say that my code is urs... and im happy.... i did all sorts of visuals and my teacher hated it... made him get headaches... and hurt pplz eyes....( well some of my work is more crazy) ----------------------------------- Paul Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:39 am ----------------------------------- I made this one, Im sure I saw this pattern somewhere though. var x, y, xx, yy: int:=50 xx:=3 yy:=3 for a: 1..2254 drawbox (0, 0, maxx, maxy, black) drawfilloval (x, y, 10, 10, 12) x+=xx y+=yy if whatdotcolor (x+11, y)= black or x+10>=maxx then xx:=-3 elsif whatdotcolor (x-11, y)=black or x-10=maxy then yy:=-3 elsif whatdotcolor (x, y-11)=black or y-10 maxy delay (10) View.Update end loop ----------------------------------- the_short1 Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:36 pm ----------------------------------- wow... thats DAM good.,... and the blood acually FILLING the screen... and two toned colored..... im impressed..... heres 2 BITS! even splashes on impact.. only sugestion.... make that splash a CIRCLE not square... this can be done using a formula (from math class) the Quadratic Formula of a point on the cirlce is: x**2 + y**2 = length of line**2 that is of course from origin at 0,0... my origin is at 100, 100 that is why my x and y values are -100 before squarring... var x,y : int loop loop x := Rand.Int (0,200) y := Rand.Int (0,200) exit when (y-100) **2 + (x-100)**2 = REDGE or x (i) = TEDGE or y (i)